Receptionist needed in the call center of our very busy medical practice in NYC. Bilingual candidates preferred, but will consider the right person. For this position we are only considering candidates who have working knowledge of front desk and call center operations in a medical office. Most important is to have a vast knowlege of health insurance plans and how they work, in addition to having experience scheduling patients in an EMR/EHR. Orthopedic or physical therapy office experience is a plus, and all candidtates must be very good communicators.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Answer all incoming calls that come through the main line of the practice.
- Researching, locating, and providing information.
- Navigating through the call center database.
- Providing exceptional customer service.
- Handle large call volume.
- Responsibility to ensure that all the calls are routed to the appropriate department or person.
- Listen to the request of the person and either solve the query or direct the call to the concerned department.
- Manage and schedule all incoming internet appointment requests in our practice software.
- Schedule new patient appointments and help facilitate appointment changes and cancellations via phone.
- Assisting patients with various requests they have when calling our office
- High School Diploma required, Associates or Bachelor's preferred
- Experience working in a call center with ability to handle multiple calls at once and properly route calls
- Ability to communicate with patients/ clients
- Ability to work well in stressful situations and be deadline sensitive
- Ability to type 50 wpm
- Availability to work varied hours when required
- Excellent customer service skills, professional attitude & appearance
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational, administrative, record keeping & time management skills
- Strong team approach to business
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Experience with an appointment scheduling system
- Excellent phone etiquette and people skills
- Previous experience in customer service or in an admin/receptionist position for a medical practice is highly desirable
- Several years of experience in a business environment, and having a strong team approach
- Positive attitude and outgoing personality are essential
New York Bone & Joint Specialists is a multi-specialty musculoskeletal center. Our center is a nexus of exemplary Orthopedic Surgery, Sports Medicine, as well as Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Pain Management, and Physical Therapy in New York City.
Our highly trained and experienced specialists provide incomparable care for nearly all bone and joint complaints. Our specialists are board-certified and are highly respected within each of their fields of expertise.
The character of our center highlights all the contrasts of modern innovations with a cultivating atmosphere. Our approach demonstrates traditional respect and empathy. Our proficiency is unsurpassed.
The doctors of New York Bone and Joint Specialists are leading experts in the treatment of orthopedic conditions and injuries of the shoulder, elbow, hand, spine, hips, knees and ankles.
We compassionately provide facts and details to the patients. We objectively present all treatment options that range from non-surgical conservative management to surgical intervention. At the patient's pace we answer all questions. And, jointly with the patient, we determine what the best treatment is for the individual person.
The goal of New York Bone & Joint Specialists is to improve our patients lives utilizing consummate treatment, respect and consideration. Simultaneously, service will be accorded the highest priority by our staff.
Role: Customer Service Representative - Orthopedic Practice Call Center
Location: New York,
Apply for this job now.