At Sarasota Memorial Health Care System, our community-owned regional medical center and leading acute care hospital is named by U.S. News & World Report as one of “America's Best Hospitals”, ranking above all other Florida institutions in several specialties. These awards combined with our supportive team environment help to ensure your success!
- Top 100 Hospitals to Work For
- Regions only Magnet Hospital
- Consumer Preferred Hospital
- One of just five hospitals in nation awarded with HealthGrades’ two top awards – “America’s 50 Best Hospitals” and Patient Safety Excellence Award – six years in a row.
- 5-star ratings in 23 specialty areas
To ensure our continued success and outstanding quality, Sarasota Memorial is committed to hiring the most talented team members. We constantly strive to find the most talented staff to help deliver excellence. Currently, we are accepting applications for an experienced:
SR. IT DATA SECURITY ENGINEER
Job ID: 419383 - Sarasota, FL
The Sr. IT Data Security Engineer will be responsible for data security analysis, design, maintenance and education. Administrates/evaluates data security environment and works with information and clinical systems teams to ensure network, application and physical security and compliance. Conducts periodic system audits/reviews and maintains proper data security controls and procedures. Designs and implements awareness and education programs. Participates in vendor evaluation and provides input relating to information security in the vendor selection process. Works with other departments to develop standards for new systems per SMHCS Information Security Policy 00.IS.21. Assists with network applications and appliances, such as Intrusion Prevention System, Firewalls, VPNs, Internet Proxys. Overall management of security information and event management (SIEM) system.
- Bachelor degree in computer science, security, information technology, management, or related field is required.
- Five (5) years related experience in security analysis, design and maintenance is required.
- Previous experience in a medium to large multi-platform, network environment preferred.
- Technical project management experience along with experience as a computer/technical skills educator for clinical and non-clinical personnel preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in at least one of the following areas of expertise: access control,
network/telecommunications security, security management practices, applications development security, cryptography, security architecture, operations security, business continuity/disaster recovery, physical security, security/privacy regulations preferred.
- CISSP, CCNP Security, CCNA Security certifications are preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations preferred.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals preferred.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public preferred.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions preferred.
- Demonstrated customer service skills along with written, oral and listening communication skills preferred.
- Team player with a proven track record as a position change agent preferred.
- HIPAA Security credentials and knowledge of HIPAA Security Regulations preferred.
- Knowledge of PCI Security standards is preferred.
- Ability to understand network technologies, such as routing, switching and other network technologies is preferred.
Conveniently located to most major Florida cities and attractions, Sarasota Memorial Health Care System offers our team members all the amenities associated with an active “Florida Lifestyle”. Surround your self with world-class shopping, PGA quality golf courses, award winning theater, hiking trails and some of the nation’s top beaches. We invite you to explore all of the opportunities found right here in Sarasota, FL! Learn more about our career opportunities by visiting our website at #removed# or our beautiful community, by visiting our local Chamber of Commerce #removed#
Apply online: #removed#
Become a fan: #removed#/CareersatSarasotaMemorial
Sarasota Memorial Health Care System, an 829-bed regional medical center, is the among the largest acute care public health systems in Florida. With more than 5,000 staff and 500 volunteers, it is one of Sarasota County's largest employers. A community hospital founded in 1925, Sarasota Memorial is governed by the nine-member elected Sarasota County Public Hospital Board. It is a full-service health system, with specialized expertise in heart, vascular, cancer, and neuroscience services, as well as a network of outpatient centers, long-term care and rehabilitation among its many programs. Sarasota Memorial is the only provider of obstetrical services and Level III neonatal intensive care in Sarasota County.
Role: Senior IT Data Security Engineer - Sarasota, FL
Apply for this job now.