We have an amazing opportunity in Oshkosh for WELDERS! Lots of OT available!
Shift - 2nd – Mon-Thur from 3:00pm to 1:00am; OR
Weekend – Friday – Sunday 6:00am to 6:00pm work 36 get paid for 40
Pay - $17-$22/HR with a potential of $1 bump within 1st week
A Welder performs duties necessary to weld material according to customer specifications using welding equipment in the department. In addition to preparing orders according to customer specifications, a Welder is also responsible for the proper set-up, communication with proceeding shifts and safe operation and storage of materials and equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Works with parts and material by either moving by hand or when necessary using jib or overhead crane and/or forklift.
• Measures material after tacking to ensure compliance with customer specifications.
• Completes inspection reports after inspecting and measuring the material.
• Performs preventive maintenance as needed including (but not limited to) wiping down torches and equipment.
• Completes assigned duties in accordance with safety policies and practices. This includes regard to individual safety, the safety of other employees, and the safe use of equipment in the workplace.
• Wears approved personal protective equipment such as safety shoes, gloves, weld helmet, safety glasses, etc.
• Performs other duties as needed given by the bay supervisor, lead person or management. Working Conditions: Working conditions may consist of loud noise, vibratory tools, repetitive motions, airborne particles such as metal dust and chips and exposure to chemicals, fumes and bright light. Physical requirements include continual standing, walking, lifting, twisting with periodic bending, climbing, stooping, crawling and crouching.
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills:
• A minimum of one (1) year previous welding experience is preferred in an industrial atmosphere.
• Ability to read and understand measuring tools and equipment such as a tape measure, calipers and micrometer. Along with the ability to read blueprints.
• Knowledge of welding equipment, materials and fuels.
• Ability to safely operate overhead cranes and forklifts.
• Ability to perform math including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division of fractions as well as convert fractions to decimals or vice versa.
• Ability to lift and move up to 75 pounds, as well as lift and move heavier objects with the assistance of cranes, forklifts, or another employee.
• Knowledge of general shop procedures and rules including safety precautions.
• Ability and willingness to cooperate with co-workers and work as part of a production team
What does Express offer to you?
- Weekly paychecks!
- Vision Insurance
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- 401(K) Retirement Savings Plan
- Life Insurance
- Referral Bonuses (Earn up to $125 for each person you refer!)
Why Express Employment Professionals, Appleton WI?
- Express, Appleton WI placed 455 people in 2019 just in the Appleton area!
- We provide our associates with excellent comprehensive and competitive benefits!
- When you apply to us, you apply to 100+ companies in the Fox Valley!
Call - #removed# to schedule a phone interview
Address - 3303 W College Ave STE B Appleton, WI 54914
Email - #removed#
"Like" our Appleton & Waupaca County Facebook pages for more up to date job opportunities