Are you looking to make a difference in Children's lives? Do you have social work experience of working within children's services?
The pay would be negotiable based on your experience and chosen location!
Due to an internal promotion, we are assisting a local authority in the Midlands recruit to a temporary Social Worker vacancy within their Assessment service.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Undertake assessments under the Children Act 1989 (Section 17 and 47) to immediately safeguard children deemed at risk.
- Offer support to children and families or signpost to relevant support agencies where necessary/appropriate.
- Work alongside the police to carry out joint investigations which promote the security and safety of children deemed at risk of significant harm.
- Create long-term solutions to improve the children’s lives
- Working with varying children’s cases and undertaking threshold assessments
Reed are now offering a joining bonus of up to £250 for Qualified Social Workers. Terms apply!
This is a fantastic and well ran service, where social workers thrive in their environment and have an opportunity to reflect upon and develop their practice regularly.
As the ideal candidate, you will:
- Be a QSW, registered with Social Work England
- Have previous experience working across children’s services for a minimum of three years
- Be a car driver
Benefits of working through Reed, include:
- Dedicated Recruitment Consultant/Talent Acquisition Specialist
- Aftercare service delivered by Candidate Care Team
- Free CV building and Interview support
- Free DBS checks
- Weekly payroll
- PAYE payroll option with additional benefits including holiday pay, healthcare, pension plus more
- CPD contributions
- Access to full UK jobs market with top tier status across many public and private sector clients
- Refer a Friend scheme and earn up to £250
- Supporting the Reed Foundation which has given £9.5m to charity since 2010