nmcn is a leading construction and infrastructure company committed to delivering exceptional customer service and having a ‘positive impact on everything we touch’
Delivering projects across the UK, our specialist engineering and construction teams provide innovation and technical skill from design stage through to construction across the key market sectors of Water, Building, Infrastructure, Telecoms and Power&Industrial.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do, and our central service support teams are on hand to provide the necessary support and guidance. You don’t have to wear a hard hat to have a positive impact here. Our central service functions range from ICT and Procurement to HR and Communications ensuring the seamless integration across our business.
We are looking to recruit a Commercial Manager, based in the South East (Rickmansworth). Reporting to the Commercial Director, you will work alongside the operational and design leadership teams to ensure the profitability, cash and risk management, cost control and accurate reporting of Civil / Mechanical / Electrical and Combined schemes, within the commercial sector of nmcn.
Main duties will be to produce high level commercial reports with emphasis on project specific reports, including Profit&Loss reporting, protecting the business from commercial risk and ensuring adherence to governance is met from tender enquiries through to final account. Team management and development of QS’s at varying levels, ensuring roles responsibilities and time lines within the commercial team are met, report dates adhered too. Challenge supply chain procurement while utilising extensive knowledge of NEC and business law to verify, oversee or approve commercial agreements and documentation.
What you’ll be doing day to day
- Undertake cost to complete / budget reviews with the contract delivery teams.
- Ensure commercial challenge at all times to site teams.
- Resolving contractual and commercial problems.
- Review sub contract orders and advise accordingly within the nmcn business.
- Attend internal and external commercial review meetings.
- Oversee the management information required by nmcn and take responsibility for the accuracy of said information (WIP/Provisions, CVR’s, Cash Management, Cashflow forecasts and Business Performance Reports).
- Ensure all relevant KPI data is produced and the accuracy of the information.
- Negotiate with key strategic supply chain.
- Managing daily operations.
- Ensuring that the financial aspects and commercial risks of a contract are clear to all parties.
- Final account negotiation achieving the best possible outcome for nmcn Water
- Maximising value and minimising cost, ensuring that appropriate controls are in place to monitor and manage the operating cost base.
- Working with the operational teams to deliver and manage performance against the Profit Improvement Plan.
- Manage commercial performance against business targets and KPI’s.
- Ensure that the delivery team are briefed and have sufficient commercial support to monitor and react to budget variances.
- Promote a culture of integration, continuous improvement and use of best practice across the business.
- Ensure compliance with the Commercial Reporting systems
- Ensure that cash flow is maximised and timely receipt of cash.
- Preparation of monthly management high level financial performance reports.
- Responsibility of validating sensitive commercial information for other team members prior to submission of said information up the reporting chain.
- Ensuring that Commercial administration of Contracts and Subcontracts is in line with nmcn’s obligations and proactively approached by the Commercial and Operational teams
The experience we are looking for in a candidate
- Commercial and contractual awareness with a proven track record of success
- Extensive experience in working with different NEC Contract Options
- A good level of competency of Microsoft packages
- Self-motivation, passion and a driven ‘can do’ attitude
- Be able to organise yourself and others workload
- Be proactive in your approach
- An excellent communicator
- A high level of diplomacy and customer focused
- The ability to drive performance and provide effective leadership and development of the commercial team
- To be dynamic in approach to the role
- The ability to anticipate problems and ensure early intervention
The personal attributes we are looking for in a candidate
- Desire to understand and promote the Company purpose, vision, values and culture
- Trustworthy and ethical approach, exercising discretion where required
- Organised, structured and professional, with a passion for excellence
- Flexibility, resilience and the ability to influence and build relationships at all levels
- Commitment to the provision of excellent customer service
- Experience in a fast paced, national and multi-site business
- Self starter who has the ability to prioritise a varied workload and demonstrate good time management to comply with deadlines
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary
- Company car / car allowance
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Holiday trading scheme
- Perks at work scheme (discount from high street retailers)
- Free eye test vouchers
- Employee share scheme
- 3x annual salary life assurance
- Enhanced pay for Maternity, Paternity and Adoption leave
- Free Parking
- Flexible Working
- 8% enhanced pension contribution
- Couple Private Medical Insurance