Assistant Kitchen Supervisor
Location:491 N Allen Ave. Pasadena, CA
Who You'll Work For
REEF's mission is to connect the world to your block.
We transform underutilized urban spaces into neighborhood hubs that connect people to locally curated goods, services, and experiences.
With an ecosystem of 4,500 locations and a team of 15,000 people, REEF is the largest operator of mobility, logistics hubs, and neighborhood kitchens in North America.
Together we are leveraging the power of proximity to keep our communities moving forward in a sustainable and thoughtful way.
What You'll Do
Assistant Kitchen Supervisor is responsible for providing technical support to the GM and Kitchen Manager, while exhibiting leadership and direction to kitchen personnel. The Assistant Kitchen Manager manages operations and personnel in the absence of the Kitchen Manager. They are responsible for the quality of the food, while ensuring seamless operations.
Primary Duties And Responsibilities
- Sets up stations with all necessary supplies
- Handles, stores and rotates all products properly
- Cooks menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff
- Cover Kitchen Manager duties as needed
- Always follows supervisors' direction
- Follows proper cooking techniques for all dishes
- Ensures food quality and timeliness
- Practices correct food handling and food storage procedures according to company and state regulations
- Complies with all nutrition, sanitation and safety regulations and standards
- Reports all unsafe working conditions, operational needs and equipment or aspects of the kitchen in need of repair to management
- Assist in managing workforce hours
- Assist with cost of goods sold
- Train new hires & coach employees as needed
- Assist with inventory management
- Other duties as assigned and modified at manager's discretion.
What We Want From You:
- 2-3 years of experience as a Lead line cook at a medium to heavy volume restaurant.
- Knowledge of sushi preparation, proper fish handling Preferred
- Knowledge of Japanese/Asian ingredients and fish fabrication techniques Preferred
- Excellent knife skills and attention to detail
- Leadership skills
- Restaurant Experience, preferable
- Some Knowledge of COGS and Inventory
- Previous cooking and supervision experience
- Open availability
- Operational knowledge of hospitality equipment
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedure
- Familiar with industry's best practices
Education/Specialized Knowledge Requirements
- Serve safe certified
- Supervisory Experience, Preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Seeing: Must be able to read screen & various reports
- Hearing: Must be able to hear well enough to communicate
- Standing / walking
- Climbing / kneeling/bending
- Lifting / pulling / pushing
- Grasping / feeling: Must be able to write, type, and use phone
Work is performed indoors for extended periods of time including up to the entire duration of shift.
REEF Technology is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. REEF does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. REEF complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.