Software Developer / Android / IOS
This role is based in Birmingham office 50% and 50% WFH
As a Mobile/ Engineer, you will specialize in building responsive and elegant flutter,ios & or Android applications that scale to thousands of users in dozens of languages
You'll be expected to work on challenging products and solutions designed for large-scale usage whilst being insightful and enthusiastic as we love to push the boundaries of what is possible.
We hire for capability over experience and are looking for a diverse team with mixed technical and non-technical capabilities to push our products and solutions forward.
Reporting into a Senior role, this role is a developmental role with the view to progressing through the business area. Main focus will be working on customer projects under the supervision of a Senior and developing technical skills via Learning and Development. The consultant role with our cloient is key to the future success and growth of the business unit.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
- Experience of Flutter UI to build cross-platform mobile apps for Android & iOS
- Knowledge of web libraries and frameworks such as Angular
- Work on the entire life cycle of our services including design, development, testing
- and deployment
- Work with project leads and managers to understand priorities
- Work in agile cross-functional teams
- Communicates and escalates risks related to own projects and business area
- Excellent sense of web design and attuned to the fundamentals of user experience.
- Be responsible for server-side and client-side feature work.
- Experience with mobile development including native Android & iOS
- Experience with location bases services, push notifications and other 3rd party integrations
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently and idiomatically
- Identifies areas/subjects they don't know and proactively seeks out knowledge
- Proactively gives and seeks feedback. Accepts feedback graciously
- Understanding of state management and experience with state libraries such as Provider, MobX, Redux
- Some experience in Android or iOS
- Experience with Storybook JS
- Experience with NX Dev monorepos
- Design / Animations skills transferable to flutter
- Delivers small, well-defined tasks/projects
- Delegated low-impact problems to solve
- Owns their workload of BAU specialist tasks and/or small- and medium-scale projects within their area
- Works autonomously but asks for guidance when they need to.
Shows their commitment to personal development by learning more about other disciplines
Please get in touch for a full detailed job spec.