Social Workers – Adolescent Services
Have you got the passion and drive to make positive changes in the lives of adolescents? We have opportunities for Social Workers to join Croydon to help shape the future of children’s services
There has never been a greater focus on children’s services in Croydon than right now, making it an exciting place to take the next step in your social work career. We are on a journey of improvement and transformation, developing and building a model that will make young people’s lives safer.
Adolescent Services brings together services for young people including those who go missing and are vulnerable to exploitation including criminal and sexual exploitation. Our teams include social workers, youth workers and analysts who are focussed on achieving positive outcomes in a borough that has significant challenges including gangs and serious youth violence. We are committed to doing things differently, taking into account current research and best practice, and are looking for people who want to be part of this journey.
You will work with your Team Manager and colleagues, looking at new and innovative ways to address adolescent risk both within and outside of the home, building relationships with our partners, our families and carers so the voices of our young people are heard.
To apply, please submit your CV and supporting statement by clicking on the 'apply' button.
Your experience of working in a statutory setting will allow you to operate with confidence and emotional intelligence. We are looking for:
- social workers that have completed their ASYE
- able to demonstrate skills in managing complex cases
- experience in working with young people and an understanding of risk factors for adolescents
- capable of working with professionalism and empathy in equal amounts making effective assessments, implementing plans, delivering interventions and undertaking court work where required.
We need passionate social workers who genuinely care and who want nothing but the best outcomes for Croydon’s children and families.
This is an extremely exciting time to join Croydon Council, we are looking for people who can drive our service forward.
Our offer to you
Grade 11-12 (£37,098 - £41,847) *
* In addition to the annual salary there will be a welcome payment of £1,500 (paid at 6 months) and a further £3,000 retention package (£1,500 to be paid at 12 months and £1,500 to be paid at 20 months service)
Salary - Grade 14 (£42,734 - £44,691)*
* In addition to the annual salary there will be a welcome payment of £2,500 (paid at 6 months) and a further £3,000 retention package (£1,500 to be paid at 12 months and £1,500 to be paid at 20 months service)
- 30 days’ annual leave in addition to bank holidays with the option to buy up to an additional 10 more days of annual leave through salary sacrifice
- development opportunities in key areas of practice; taking on specific lead roles, giving you the opportunity to learn and develop new skills and to develop your practice
- support practitioners in undertaking Practice Educator training
- Laptop/Phone with agile work practices
- A pension scheme with an average employer contribution of 20%
- A core skills training & Learning Development programme
Most of all what makes Croydon special is our people – both within the council and throughout the borough. Our diverse population has made Croydon a thriving cultural hub, it also makes it a truly unique environment in which to work and practice social work.
Role: Social Workers – Adolescent Services
Job Type: Permanent
Location: croydon, england, england
Apply for this job now.