For over 25 years, our family owned company has been providing specialty eggs. We are the largest originator of 100% free range and pasture raised eggs in the United States. We provide longer contract lengths and higher financial returns for farmers. We are seeking an experienced Plant Manager to handle product processing.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Report to the Vice President of Operations.
- Establish production and quality control standards.
- Develop and maintain budget and cost controls, bill of materials, yield, and work flow.
- Gather data for types, quantities, specs, and delivery dates.
- Oversee scheduling, maintenance, logistics, processing, coolers, and dry storage.
- Manage production activities and determine production priorities.
- Manage and report on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Operate cooler as a JIT facility.
- Manage global egg and dry storage inventory.
- Produce production, quality control, maintenance, and operational reports.
- Develop operating methods and procedures to eliminate any issues and improve product quality.
- Revise production schedule and priorities.
- Compile and stores production data.
- Motivate teams to enhance staff development.
- Provide improvement solutions for increasing efficiencies and overall facility improvements.
- Supervise a team of 25 in the egg processing/shipping/receiving facility.
- 10+ years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience.
- Strong background in building effective teams.
- Able to analyze profit and loss statements and other financial reports.
- Previous experience in the perishable food industry.
- Previous experience in the shell egg industry, a plus!
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing, project management, and spreadsheet and word processing software.
- Must speak Spanish fluently.
Powered by JazzHR