A vacancy has arisen for a passionate and proactive teaching assistant with the ability to speak Welsh fluently, seeking work in the Cardiff area.
The role is full-time (08:30 - 15:30, Mon - Fri) and is due to commence on the 18th January 2021 until the end of the academic year. Rates of pay range from GBP10.00 to GBP11.00 per hour, dependent upon experience.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Assistant and support lower ability children within the class
- Deliver tailored learning activities in line with the Year 2 curriculum
- Engage, motivate and encourage the pupil
- Manage and de-escalate challenging behaviour
- Effectively observe, assess and feedback
- Attend meetings and contribute to the extra-curricular opportunities provided by the school
The school is located in Cardiff and the children who attend the school arrive from various backgrounds. The school is large school with 90 pupils in each year group. There is already a strong team of teaching assistants within they school that you would be a part of. As part of your role, you will be expected to work alongside children with varying abilities and language skills, The Head Teacher has commented that they would like to appoint a teaching assistant who is committed and they would ideally like to meet with suitable candidates who are interested in the role. Depending on the situation within primary schools, this may or may not be possible to arrange prior to the role starting.
Requirements to apply for this role?
- The abilibty to speak Welsh fluently
- Teaching Assistant qualification and or an equivalent certificate
- Recent experience working with primary age children
- A hard-working and committed attitude to raising standards in the class room
- Full-time availability
Benefits of working in schools through Teaching Personnel?
- Choice and Variety - giving you a range of roles and job opportunities to choose from
- Teaching Personnel's CPD Academy - Your Continuous Professional Development
- Pay - Weekly pay based on your skills, experience, flexibility and availability
- myTP - Digital services that make your work admin and communication simple
- Safe Working Practice - ensuring your reputation is protected
- Excellence in Education Awards - recognising the positive impact you deliver in school