Manages the payroll activities of Equipment Depot regions within a centralized payroll department carrying out responsibilities for tax reporting, benefit-records, processing payroll, administration and payroll systems maintenance.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Interprets company policies and government regulations affecting payroll procedures
- Prepares government reports
- Examines work for exactness, neatness, and conformance to policies and procedures
- Studies and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency in all regions of the company
- Prior period payroll adjustments and expat pay updates
- Verify and confirm payroll processing figures tie with GL
- Update GL accounts and taxes as necessary in Ultimate Back office
- Communicates with Ultimate to respond to tax notices from state, local, and federal agencies
- Understands and communicates with Ultimate Software on Time Management vs payroll processing module and becomes subject matter expert
- Reconciles account balances for the purpose of maintaining accurate account balances and complying with related policies, practices and/or regulations
- Prepares GL entries for payrolls and accruals
- Communicate with IRS for reporting accuracy
- Work with Controllers for budget and GL needs
- Oversee, assist and reconcile annual Retirement audits, Worker Compensation audits and Financial Audits
- Prepares and oversees the preparation of a variety of payroll related documents (e.g. retirement plan transfers, payroll register, stop payments, W-2 controls) for documenting activities and issues; meeting compliance requirements, and providing audit trails
- Prepares balancing reports and other Ultimate requirements for accurate processing of quarterly and annual returns, including W-2’s
- Monitors payroll activities and/or program components to ensure effective department functioning, coordinating activities and ensuring compliance with established financial, legal and/or administrative requirements
- Assist and back up payroll specialists for completing weekly/bi-weekly payrolls for all regions
- Work cohesively with HR on projects to maximize benefits and communication to all employees
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred
Experience: Knowledge of local, state and federal tax guidelines. 1-3 years of payroll management experience preferred.
Computer Skills: Knowledge of Human Resource systems and Proficiency in Microsoft Office skills required.
Certificates & Licenses: CPP or PHR Preferred
Work environment varies from office to job site to industrial locations
OUR CORE VALUES
Passion to Perform - We are passionate to perform and focus on concrete achievements
Trust to Act - We are empowered to act, and act in a powerful way
Act Responsibly - We are responsible for our actions and the consequences they have for our stakeholders and our environment
Make it Fun! - We are serious about making work fun; it’s the way we do things
Equipment Depot is the largest independent material handling and rental business in the U.S., representing an extensive portfolio of industry-leading brands. With 35 locations in 13 states across 1,500 miles, Equipment Depot provides a one-stop source for sales, service, rentals and parts for material handling, construction and specialty equipment.
Equipment Depot is part of Pon North America, a division of Pon Holdings B.V., the largest family-owned business in the Netherlands, employing 13,000 people at more than 450 locations in 32 countries. With its large geographical footprint, local expertise, and stability of Pon, Equipment Depot offers a full-range of creative solutions to exceed customer needs.
Role: Payroll Manager
Apply for this job now.