Health & safety Advisor
- £35K - 40K
- Car or car allowance
- Matched pension
- 25 days' leave + 8 Bank Holidays
- Immediate start
Location: Burton Upon Trent
Commutable from: Leicestershire, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Loughborough, Burton-On-Trent, Ashby, Coalville, Tamworth, Swadlincote or Lichfield
Are you a Health & Safety Advisor or SHEQ advisor looking to work for a forward thinking and growing organisation, our client offers a complete package of technical services for the built environment ? If so, I have a great opportunity for you. You will be traveling to construction/installation sites all over the UK. Our client requires somebody looking to grow they are looking for a future SHEQ manager.
This is an exciting time to join this organisation, they have merged four operations to ensure they become a powerhouse in the supply of front-end Mechanical and electrical engineering services to the MOD, Government, Hospitals and solar industry, with the added benefit of supplying engineering aftercare support for all plant related equipment. If you are interested in joining a business that is looking to double their turnover and in return, can offer a fantastic role with great career prospects. Our client will be looking to train you chartership and offer environmental qualifications
Purpose of the role: Health & Safety Advisor
You will have to travel to parts of the country as the business requires. Responsible for assisting in developing and delivering of an effective Business Management Compliance program, as directed by the SHEQ Manager to meet statutory requirements and industry best practice throughout its operations and services.
The role holder will be responsible for the provision of professional support to the Business. This will be achieved by your endeavors as part of a team. You will be required to proactively develop and embed all aspects of the Business Management System including gaining and retaining relevant 3rd Party Accreditation.
You will advise sites on SHEQ matters in line with instruction from line management
Key responsibilities and specific accountabilities: Health & Safety Advisor
- Follow strategies and plans to ensure that each business unit can achieve compliance with the system and where possible move them toward best practice.
- Work with each business unit, and up-date each manager as to new processes and procedures such that they reflect the needs of the business and deliver effective, pragmatic, robust and progressive business management.
- Submit site reports in a timely manner showing performance against the key performance indicators set by the business.
- Immediately inform the SHEQ Manager in any matter which may bring the business into disrepute
- Assist all managers in achieving compliance with the legislative and procedural expectations of the Enforcing Authorities, and to ensure that managers within the business are provided with appropriate assistance to meet their legal and Business Management System obligations.
- Establish effective business relationships and work closely and co-operatively with operational and managers
- Have a thorough and detailed working knowledge of current legislation and advice, thereby assisting the Business in achieving compliance with all its statutory obligations.
- Support the business in ensuring on-going compliance with ISO 9001, 14001, 22301, 27001 & 45001.
Essential skills & knowledge
- Must have relevant experience in Health & Safety within a construction environment
- Good under