Responsible for the safe transportation and delivery of cabling materials, tools, and equipment (“supplies”) to various locations in and around the Virginia/Maryland/District of Columbia metro area including, but not limited to:
Operating/driving a company-owned box truck, pick-up truck, and/or commercial van in accordance with NET100’s Vehicle Usage Policy, including strict adherence to all applicable Federal, State, and local traffic laws and regulations;
Coordinating all requests for supply delivery to job sites. Communicate with field personnel to determine items for transport and deadline requirements. Locate/identify supplies requested and securely load supplies on vehicle ensuring that type, model, style, and quantity are accurate and complete;
Developing a daily departure schedule for ensuring that all supplies labeled for delivery are transported to separate, wide-ranging site locations in a timely manner. Determine most suitable route to take when delivering supplies to different locations, including consideration for weather and/or traffic changes;
- Supervising the safe and expeditious unloading of all supplies delivered to job sites. Contact and verify delivery items with field personnel. Oversee the dismantling of certain types of tools and equipment, if required, using a variety of hand and power tools. Adhere to all client facility and area location restrictions and limitations pertaining to building/office hours, loading docks, building elevators, parking facilities, safety, etc.;
- Developing and maintaining a supply log, recording all supplies transported on behalf of NET100 including item description, condition of supplies, delivery time/date/location, receiver’s signature, etc.;
- Coordinating the return of unused supplies and tools from job site to warehouse for restock or return to vendor. Label returned materials with project ID, technician ID, reason for return, and if it will be restaged or returned to vendor. Identify and report such items or tools that are, or appear to be, inoperable or missing;
- Conducting daily visual inspection of company-owned vehicle, prior to delivery activities runs, to ensure that vehicle is in a safe operating condition. Monitor vehicle inspection dates and requirements, and identify automobile problems that may be cause for immediate or future vehicle maintenance. Ensure all utilized company vehicles are kept clean and free of debris;
- Submitting to random or for-cause substance abuse and alcohol testing, as specified in NET100’s Vehicle Policy;
- Assisting Warehouse personnel with daily activities and functions including, but not limited to, warehouse inventory control, tool tracking with bar code system, lifting and moving materials as needed, tool check-in/check-out, hardware inventory and upkeep, warehouse coverage, and the receipt of materials in the absence of other warehouse personnel or during business need, stock runs, and transporting vehicles to the service providers;
- Assisting Operations department with special projects and tasks as assigned;
- Other duties and tasks as assigned.
- Minimum of three years experience as a driver of a 16ft or larger box truck with lift gate;
- Ability to maneuver commercial trucks and vans through crowded streets, highway traffic, and parking facilities, demonstrating good judgment in the safe transport of company supplies;
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record, as specified by NET100’s Vehicle Usage Policy. CDL highly desirable;
- Adherence to regular attendance and normal scheduled hours; Willingness to work overtime, often on short notice;
- Experience with driving in and around the VA/MD/DC metro area;
- Ability to read and interpret road maps, road signs/signals, and written instructions;
- Ability to lift and carry up to 40lbs without assistance. Ability to drive and sit for long periods of time;
- Successful completion of NET100’s Driver Safety Course, including basic colorblind test;
- Ability to prioritize and work under pressure in a fast paced atmosphere. Multitasking skills required, with strong attention to detail;
- Ability to be cross-trained and flexible in assignment of duties to accomplish maximum results through cooperation with other departments and personnel;
- Demonstrated knowledge of proper usage and inspection of general and hand tools (manual and active tools i.e. drills, saws, etc.);
- Professional and positive approach to duties. Strong team-oriented/service-oriented work ethic;
- High school diploma or GED required. Voluntary enrollment in driver training courses highly desirable;
- US citizenship necessary based on client requirement.
NET100, a regional leader in the information transport systems (ITS) Industry, has been installing communications infrastructure for commercial and government facilities throughout the Mid-Atlantic region for the past 28 years.
Role: Delivery Driver / Warehouse Coordinator
Apply for this job now.