SUMMARY:The receptionist is responsible for clerical and secretarial duties for the nursing department including answering all call bells and incoming calls and redirecting them as necessary. Receptionist will be responsible for the overall upkeep of the nursing station. The receptionist must become familiar with elopement risk residents and monitoring the security cameras to ensure that risk of elopement residents do not leave the nursing home facility.
Job responsibilities & Functions:
- Responsible for screening and directing all incoming persons and telephone calls promptly and accurately. Answer the call bells promptly and respond accordingly. Closely monitor the residents, families and visitors via monitors. The receptionist will maintain a professional relationship with residents, family members, visitors, and staff.
· Assemble resident charts for admissions and readmissions and keep charts organized and in order. Arrange, reverse and check discharge charts. Maintain all nursing forms in order.
· Responsible for maintaining the medical records in accordance with the current guidelines and responsible for closing out charts and obtaining the discharge summaries from the interdisciplinary care team.
· Assist the medical secretary to ensure that the nursing department maintains par levels on medical supplies, oxygen, equipment and forms and check the stock rooms for organization and in compliance with rules and regulations.
· Ensure that the nursing stations are neat and organized. Must be familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
· Other projects and responsibilities may be added at the company’s discretion.
· A high school diploma or equivalency certification preferred.
· At least 1 year of experience working as a medical receptionist preferred
· Excellent organizational skills.
· Some knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
· Must be able to read, write and comprehend English.
· Must be alert and willing to learn new skills.
· Possess effective interpersonal skills in dealing with residents, co- workers, families and various health professionals.
· Must be tactful and respectful to residents, families and co- workers.
· Must be adaptable to change and able to meet crisis and emergencies.
· Must have an understanding of, affection for, and a desire to work with the aging.
· Ability to work independently, problem solve with a minimum amount of supervision
· Requires lifting, moving and carrying of supplies and equipment. , Must be able to perform the essential duties associated with this position, either with or without reasonable accommodation.
· Communicates orally and/or in writing with residents, families, co-workers, other professionals and the public.
· Must be able to pass the facility’s physical examination upon employment and annually thereafter.
· Must be able to work beyond normal working hours and on weekends and holidays when necessary.
The Actors Fund is a national human services organization that fosters stability and resiliency, and provides a safety net for performing arts and entertainment professionals over their lifespan. Through offices in New York, Los Angeles and Chicago, The Fund serves everyone in film, theatre, television, music, opera, radio and dance with programs including social services and emergency financial assistance, health care and insurance counseling, housing, and secondary employment and training services. Visit #removed#
Role: Nursing Facility/Receptionist/Part Time
Apply for this job now.