Lead a Team of Social Workers in a CP Team
This is an excellent opportunity to work with in a Local Authority which has received a Good Ofsted. Furthermore you will be managing a stable and established team.
- Dedicated Management Post
- Social Workers in the team have a low caseload
- On average each SW has 2-3 cases going through court
- Current themes include Domestic Abuse, Substance Misuse and Parental Mental Health
- Service has excellent relationships with local statutory and voluntary services
- Equipment provided to work flexibly
- Regular analytical supervision for all staff
- Senior management team are located on the "floor" and operate open door policy
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Senior Practitioner or current Manager to join a Local Authority which has been performing well and has achieved Good in its last Ofsted with some Excellent elements. The positive Ofsted reflects the working environment withing the LA where staff feel supported and have access to range of training modules. Furthermore cases are allocated fairly and take into consideration experience of the Social Worker as well as well composition of CP and CIN and sibling group size. All in feedback from members of the team has been positive with workers highlighting a healthy workload that is manageable.
The Local Authority also has a very good working synergy with other statutory and voluntary services in the area which are able to support on cases that are being stepped down or require further intervention. These relationships ultimately do help manage workloads for Social Workers in the team. Current themes in the authority include Domestic Abuse, Substance Misuse and Parental Mental Health and you will receive specialist training in regards to these issues and will also have the opportunity to apply for specialist positions which focus around these issues.
To be considered for this post you should have extensive experience as a Senior/Advanced Practitioner or currently be managing a team. You will also need to have experience of Court Work