Under the direction of the Supervising Care Manager, the Billing Coordinator/Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support primarily for the Multi-Purpose Senior Services Program (MSSP). The Billing Coordinator/Administrative Assistant understands and assists in meeting budget and services goals, understands the mission and objectives of Jewish Family and Children’s Services and works within the limitations of the Agency’s resources.
- Provides administrative support to the MSSP program for billing and vendor agreements.
- Maintains Seniors At Home records and multiple databases, including program waitlist, client files, C-Client database and MSSP Care.
- Maintains a confidential filing system for billing records, vendor agreements, and MSSP program contracts.
- Assists in the development of written materials and statistical reports, as assigned.
- Anticipates upcoming deadlines and recurring projects and prioritizes accordingly.
- Initiates new systems to assist staff in tracking and maintaining information relevant to their work.
- Updates computer-based resource information on a regular basis.
- Manages and maintains up-to-date databases in MSSP Care and Excel or Access for vendor provider information, care plans, service authorizations, bills and contracts that expedite and facilitate the work of the MSSP program.
- Prepares reports based on information in the databases on a regular basis and as requested by staff to accurately track service provided.
- Manages and maintains electronic billing and payments for the MSSP program.
- Prepares reports to the California Department of Aging and site staff as assigned for the MSSP program.
- Maintains financial records according to standard accounting procedures, ensuring the accuracy of all accounts. Works with the JFCS finance department to reconcile GL with MSSP billings on a monthly basis.
- Brings to the attention of the supervisor problems and issues that require attention in a timely manner.
- Works cooperatively with the staff of the Marin Region, including assisting MSSP staff in their task completion, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college preferred.
- Proven computer expertise in Windows and Office required. High level of experience working with Excel or comparable spreadsheet. Experience working with a LAN/WAN required.
- Have a minimum of three years full-time billing and administrative support or equivalent experience.
- Proven ability to pay attention to detail, organize and prioritize varied tasks in order to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and to keep confidentiality.
- Ability to work as part of a team with minimum supervision.
- Ability to relate and work well with a variety of people and to gracefully handle pressure.
- Excellent communication and written skills.
- Ability to operate required office equipment.
- Willingness to gain knowledge of JFCS, MSSP and Linkages programs.
- Interest in working in a social services setting.
This is a part-time, hourly, non-exempt position without benefits. Competitive compensation will depend on experience and proficiency level.
Please submit cover letter and resume to #removed# with MSSP Billing Coordinator-Marin in your subject line.
Since 1850, JFCS of San Francisco, the Peninsula, Marin and Sonoma Counties has provided comprehensive, caring social services to Bay Area residents of all ages and faiths. We help people solve personal problems--from cradle to rocking chair--in order to strengthen the individual, strengthen the family and strengthen the community.
Mission Statement Jewish Family and Children’s Services exists to provide professional and volunteer services for the purposes of developing, restoring and maintaining the competency of families and individuals of all ages. Traditionally, Jewish Family and Children’s agencies carry a special responsibility within the Jewish community for reaching out to children, the aged, those with special needs, the alienated and the dependent, and for the resettlement and acculturation of refugees and immigrants. As part of the network of Jewish community services, the Agency helps promote Jewish continuity through the provision of preventive, educational, therapeutic and supportive services, within the context of historic Jewish values, emphasizing inter-generational ties and community responsibility.
Role: Billing Coordinator/Administrative Assistant--Part-Time
Location: San Rafael,
Apply for this job now.