This position will be responsible for proactively engaging with Westlake customers whose vehicles have been impounded by private, municipal or other governmental authorities, where Westlake has determined that it is desirable to assist the customer in retrieving the vehicle from impound. Communication and negotiation are necessary and consist of providing alternatives and solutions that will assist our customers in successfully reinstating or redeeming their impounded vehicles. The primary objectives of this position are mitigating potential losses by facilitating the recovery of the vehicle by the customer.
This individual will interact with other departments in the course of facilitating impound recoveries, including Asset Control, Collections, Customer Service and Accounting. The incumbent will also have extensive interactions with external entities, including tow yards, police departments, dealerships, motor vehicle departments, and third-party vendors such as repossession agents and vehicle transportation services. As described above, the position encompasses a substantial component of direct interaction with Westlake customers, as required.
The successful candidate is self-directed in work prioritization and will demonstrate good judgment-making ability within the scope of the position’s areas of responsibility. The associate will perform all duties in accordance with Westlake policies and procedures and all state and federal regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Initiates outbound contacts with customers regarding resolution of impounded vehicles, assessing the customer’s intentions and needs in facilitating retrieval of the vehicle.
- Initiates outbound contact with external parties involved in the retrieval process, including dealerships, insurance companies, police departments, and third-party vendors.
- Within company guidelines, uses good judgment to determine appropriate courses of action to pursue either successful mitigation of the impound event or direct repossession of the vehicle.
- Enlists the assistance of appropriate partners in facilitating vehicle retrievals, including insurance providers, dealerships, Westlake Marketing, and Westlake Asset Control.
- Manages impound events to company standards for minimized costs and loss potential.
- Promptly communicates potential risk situations to the department manager.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILL & LICENSES:
- Familiarity with various municipal and state-specific vehicle impound and seizure statutes, including requirements for retrieval of impounded vehicles from such authorities.
- Superb communication and negotiation facility.
- Good interpersonal skills and teamwork awareness
- Superior data entry skills.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work under time constraints and daily deadlines.
- Versatility in job functionality and quick to assimilate procedural changes.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent.
• Previous work experience in consumer credit or banking, preferably in automotive finance, impounds or repossessions is helpful.
FULL TIME BENEFITS
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account
- 401K matching
- Employee Stock Ownership Program in a $2.6 Billion Company, plus company matching
- Wellness Program, Daily Team Exercises, Fresh Fruit for all employees
- Metro Tap Card and Metro-link Reimbursement
- Westlake University, Certification Programs
- Career Path Opportunities
- Discounts on Parks, Museums, Movie Tickets, and Attractions
- Wireless, Computer, and Satellite Discounts
- Onsite DMV
- Employee Loan Assistance Westlake Bike Share (Free Bikes onsite)
- Onsite Yoga, Treadmill Desks, Gym Membership Discounts
- Annual Flu Shots, Biometric Screenings
- Paid Vacations Days
- Paid Sick days
- Paid holidays
- Rental Car Discounts, Dell Member Purchase Program
People. Purpose. Passion.
These are the hallmarks of Westlake Financial Services, and have been since our inception in 1988. Westlake specializes in prime to sub-prime automotive financing, helping car dealerships do what they do best: sell cars. Our unique credit approval software (known as "The Buy Program ©") allows dealers to get an on-the-spot loan approval without waiting for callbacks, fax-backs, or rehashes.
Westlake Financial Services is an Internet based, privately held finance company that specializes in the acquisition and servicing of sub-prime and non-prime automotive retail installment contracts. Headquartered in Southern California, Westlake originates indirect retail installment contracts through a network of 21,000 new and used car dealers throughout the United States. All collections and servicing are performed in-house from its central facility located in the Mid-Wilshire area of Los Angeles.
Westlake's success didn't just happen overnight. It took years of hard work, cultivation, and smart intuition to get to where we are today. Not content to rest on our laurels, Westlake continues to build and refine, always keeping our dealers and customers in mind.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Westlake Financial Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not unlawfully discriminate in employment. No questions are used for the purpose of limiting or excluding any applicant from consideration for employment on a basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Equal access to employment, services, and programs is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the organization.
Role: Impound Specialist
Location: Los Angeles,
Apply for this job now.