Maintenance & Fleet Manager - Houston, TX (or Calgary, AB)
We are the North American market leader of low carbon energy solutions. Our integrated compressed natural gas (CNG) platform offers customers a steady supply of safe, reliable, and economical energy that lowers operating costs and improves environmental performance without the need for pipeline infrastructure.
As Certarus grows, we want to enhance our Maintenance & Reliability programs to support our Operations & Engineering groups and day-to-day asset integrity of a large and growing equipment and vehicle fleet. We are looking for a Maintenance Manager to bring together various facets of our existing maintenance program and team, and develop it to support best-in-class performance. The Maintenance & Fleet Manager will report to the COO, and provide technical support and guidance on asset integrity & reliability challenges, as well as working with Engineering & Operations to ensure exceptional service delivery of our equipment in the field. A key aspect will be implementing scalable maintenance programs, workflows & processes for our operational equipment and both heavy- & light-vehicle fleet. This role will have the ability to make a significant impact to Certarus' growth strategy and future success.
- Monday to Friday, with some after-hours work as required
- Occasional travel to the corporate office in Calgary and our field locations throughout the USA and Canada
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Drive maintenance and fleet Best Practices: Innovate, document, improve work methods, standardize; collect, measure, and analyze key performance indicators to improve processes and Certarus service delivery
- Assess & manage business systems to improve asset and fleet maintenance, including inventory & spares management, work orders, and maintenance cost tracking
- Liaise with Operations and Engineering teams and collaborate to identify current maintenance gaps, and solutions, to improve reliability of equipment, vehicle road compliance, and field service delivery
- Keep current on the latest equipment, technologies, and maintenance methods for Certarus specialized equipment and light and heavy vehicles
- Track and improve maintenance KPIs, including asset turns, meantime between failures, out-of-service rates, open work orders, overdue preventative maintenance orders, and other key metrics
- Oversight of R&M budget development and management, and input to capital planning
- Offer guidance to senior leadership on maintenance and equipment end-of-life issues using ROI, and other analytical techniques
- Work with Procurement Lead and Engineering to manage vendor support and equipment relationships for critical spares and regular third-party maintenance or inspections
- Contribute to regular functional area cross-training meetings to ensure and resolve maintenance process issues, safety, regulatory and quality issues
- Promote & drive a proactive and positive HSE culture within Certarus
- 10+ years in Maintenance roles, with 3+ years experience in maintenance leadership
- Bachelor's degree in relevant engineering or industrial field would be an advantage
- Experience with controls, oil & gas services, piping systems, or compressed gases strongly preferred
- Track record in driving equipment reliability improvements related to maintenance
- Experience coaching and developing technicians, mechanics and operations employees, ideally in a multi-site environment
- Experience managing maintenance department budgets, and ideally with input into capital equipment planning & asset management
- Familiarity with heavy & light vehicle fleet maintenance programs, including federal or state inspection requirements
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills, and willingness to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent organization & leadership skills
Certarus embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way and considers qualifications, merit, and business needs in our hiring decisions. Certarus is and will remain an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Certarus offers a competitive compensation package, including benefits and retirement plans as well as employee ownership opportunities. Above all, we offer unlimited career advancement opportunities with a dynamic, rapidly growing organization.
Powered by JazzHR