Company: RMF ENGINEERING, INC.
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Description/Job SummaryENGINEERING INTERN/CO-OPMECHANICAL - ELECTRICAL - CIVILJOB SUMMARY
RMF is currently seeking an engineering undergraduate for a full-time intern/co-op position. Duration and start/ finish windows based on the candidate's academic calendar and availability. The goal is for the candidate to complete three (3) semesters with RMF in conjunction with the progression towards their engineering degree.Job Description:
Mechanical (HVAC, Fire Protection and Plumbing) OR Electrical (Power Systems and Lighting) OR Civil (infrastructure, construction) engineering responsibilities will include design, field observation, and survey activities as well as document production in AutoCAD and/or Revit (BIM, building information modeling). Heavy emphasis placed on building energy management and sustainable design principles.
Interns will have the opportunity to witness field installations of the systems and to work alongside senior engineering staff. Responsibilities will continually increase with training and follow-on internships are highly encouraged based on performance and attitude.Required Qualifications:
- Must be currently enrolled in an engineering degree program at an accredited US college or university
- Satisfactory completion of freshman year with a minimum GPA of 2.8
- Ability to complete the cooperative education program in accordance with their College's or University's guidelines
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
Why RMF Engineering
- Authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- High School or entry level AutoCAD and Revit knowledge preferred
- Interest in consulting engineering field
RMF is an innovative top-ranked, national engineering firm. RMF specializes in providing design and engineering services for all aspects of building and utility infrastructure construction.
Our projects range nationally and internationally, are technically challenging, diverse, and all incorporate sustainable design. We believe in making a positive impact on the world through the built environment.Benefits
- Work Directly with Professional Engineers
- High Growth Environment
- Competitive Hourly Pay
- Raises each semester based on growth/experience
- Paid holidays
- Overtime pay of 1.5 times the normal rate
- Opportunity for full time hire after graduation