Company: MILLENNIUM SPACE SYSTEMS, A BOEING COMPANY
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Millennium Space Systems, A Boeing Company delivers affordable, high-performance space systems for exacting customers. At Millennium, you will be part of a close-knit team working on exciting technological problems on compressed timelines. We work in an open environment where ideas are shared across all disciplines, and there are ample opportunities for advancement based on excellence. Superstars are welcome.
At Millennium, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity, and inclusion are core values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
As a Lead Spacecraft Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for leading a team developing a spacecraft system serving a range of missions and customers. This includes creating, monitoring, and guiding requirements definition, spacecraft design, procurement and fabrication, integration and test, and verification and validation of the overall space vehicle system. You will interact with subsystem and unit engineers, manufacturing and test personnel, and program management. You will manage the technical elements of the space vehicle system. Our spacecraft systems engineers create spacecraft -- not just paperwork!
- Provides systems engineering leadership to a program team.
- Applies an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to plan, design, develop and verify a lifecycle balanced solution for space systems.
- Familiarity with spacecraft subsystems functions and interfaces. Develops integrated spacecraft system designs and solutions.
- Responsible for all aspects of spacecraft systems engineering including performing preliminary concept development, trade studies, CONOPS definition, requirements decomposition and allocation, interface requirements definition, requirements verification and validation, support to integration and test operations, and anomaly resolution.
- Coordinates and communicates with subsystem engineering teams to ensure system execution
- Develops the planning organization, implementation and monitoring of requirements management processes, tools, risk, issues, opportunity management and technology readiness assessment processes.
- Applies model-based systems engineering techniques for the definition of the spacecraft system.
- Participates in software integration and test activities to ensure mission functionality prior to deployment into operations.
- Coordinates with management and peers to ensure the integrity of high-quality operational products, including procedures, tools, and system configuration.
- Performs tasks to analyze technical data, verify and sustain specific systems configurations in accordance with defined constraints and operational requirements.
- Performs various analyses to optimize the spacecraft system and/or system architecture.
- Resolves cross-functional technical issues.
- Develops and improves systems engineering processes.
- Bachelor's Degree in Aerospace Engineering or other relevant engineering or science discipline
- Minimum of 3 years of directly relevant aerospace industry experience, preferably with spacecraft systems
- Demonstrated leadership and communications skills
- Demonstrated experience with space systems engineering principles and techniques
- Demonstrated experience with power, mass, and other system budgets
- Demonstrated experience with requirements analysis and flow-down
- Demonstrated experience with design verification and validation processes
- Demonstrated experience with configuration management
- Demonstrated experience with satellite level integration and test processes
- Familiarity with satellite in-orbit operations
- Active TS/SCI clearance highly preferred
- Master's Degree in Aerospace or other relevant engineering discipline
- Greater than eight years professional experience in space systems engineering
- Direct experience with spacecraft programs and missions. Experience with a full life cycle from concept to in-orbit operations
Benefits and Perks
Millennium Space Systems, A Boeing Company offers a very competitive benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, and 401k plan. Relocation assistance to Southern California can be provided.
Before applying, please note:
Millennium is DDTC-registered, ITAR-compliant Company. This position is located at a facility that requires special access. Applicants MUST be U.S. citizens and eligible for a security clearance. Additionally, applicants must be willing to apply for and maintain a security clearance. We are proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage veterans, disabled veterans and disabled individuals to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified.
Powered by JazzHR