Company: SA PHOTONICS, INC.
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
At SA Photonics, we specialize in the design, development and manufacturing of complex, state-of-the-art communications systems for military, space and commercial applications. Our products include optical as well as RF communication systems. SA Photonics has a small team of highly experienced engineers and scientists and we are currently looking for a Communications System Engineer to join our team.
- Design and analysis of end-to-end optical communication systems, including developing system link and impairment budgets, and performing simulation and analysis to ensure end-to-end performance requirements are met.
- Development of system level and sub-system level requirement and specification documents
- Development of electrical, mechanical and software Interface Control Documents
- Simulating and characterizing communication algorithms and analyzing system test results using MATLAB.
- Writing proposals and technical reports related to communication systems
The successful candidate will have most, if not all, of the following qualities/experience:
- MSEE or Ph.D with 10+ years experience in the development of optical and/or free-space optical communication systems.
- Strong background in communication theory and signal processing, as well as strong understanding of practical system performance limitations.
- Good understanding of electronic, optical, and mechanical systems
- Familiarity with RF communication systems is desired.
- Experience with MATLAB or other simulation tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage small programs and small technical teams
- Self-motivated and self-directed individual, with little supervision necessary
SA Photonics is located in Los Gatos, which has easy reverse commute access to HWY 85 and HWY 17. SA Photonics provides competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefit package, matching 401k, and a flexible work schedule. Our employees enjoy our small teams of very motivated engineers, working on state-of-the art projects.
This will be a full-time, regular position
Due to the nature of much of the work we do, this position is restricted to U.S. Citizens or permanent residents only.
Powered by JazzHR