Lowell, MA based makers of premium, value-added specialty foods with an emphasis in soups, sauces and gourmet frozen food items is currently seeking experience Quality Assurance Supervisor.
Quality Assurance Supervisor
Position Summary: The Quality Assurance Supervisor is responsible for quality assurance and supporting food safety. This includes working with customers, suppliers, personnel, and manufacturing staff. Responsibilities include assist auditing of quality systems such as, SQF, HACCP, GMP, and SOP’s for plant quality department. Responsible for communication of food quality standards to plant personnel through training, corrective actions, quality audits, production and facility monitoring. Responsible for food handling in accordance with food safety protocols based on hazard analysis and critical control points (HACCP) plans.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement, and monitor a Quality Plan.
- Assists the Quality Control Director in improvement of HACCP Plans, SOP compliance, and preparation for audits.
- Assist in implementing, maintaining, evaluating, enforcing, and updating state and federal regulations, and Corporate Guidelines.
- Assists R&D on developing quality standards for new and current products. As well as assist in re-designing organoleptic tests for managerial decisions.
- Interface with Production Supervisors and employees on production, food safety, and quality procedures.
- Responsible for training and professional development of quality control staff; train and supervise department employees to insure optimum competency, commitment and performance.
- Assist Quality Control Director to handle regulatory issues from local, state or federal agencies or customers as well.
- Develop a Quality Report System based on the Quality Plan.
- Provide training for production, sanitation, maintenance, and quality control groups. Training includes but no limited to product quality standards, GMP’s, Food Safety Issues, and HACCP.
- Monitors the production environment to identify areas where quality procedures can be implemented or improved.
- Verifies the production of consistent quality products through the enforcement of manufacturing practices and procedures. Communicates manufacturing processes and compliance with standards to management and Reports deviations to Plant Manager.
Experience: 2-5 years of related experience
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in food science preferred. Knowledge of USDA and FDA Regulations, SQF Level 3, HACCP, GMP’s, SOP’s. Prior supervisory experience preferred.
Benefits include: Health Insurance, Paid Holiday and Vacation, 401k, STD, LTD, and Life Insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer / Drug Free Workplace
Masis Staffing Solutions is a professional placement company that handles temporary, temp-to-hire, and direct hire positions. We source candidates for many different industries including, but not limited to, Pharmaceutical, Medical Device, Biotech, IT, Electronics, Machining, Warehousing/Distribution, Food Manufacturing, Call Centers, Medical Office/Hospitals and more.
Our team at Masis Staffing Solutions has over 30 years in the Staffing Industry and we are committed to delivering top-notch service to our employees and clients.
Role: Quality Assurance Supervisor-Food Production
Apply for this job now.