Structural Support Systems Inc. is a division of Seizmic Engineering (#removed#) that offers design and/or fabrication of special engineered products such as:
Specialty Platforms (mezzanines)
Wall Mounted Empty Pallet Shelves
Storage Rack Repair Retrofits
We are seeking a full-time engineering CAD technician from the southern California region (San Gabriel Valley area) to assist with the generation of fabrication drawings, approval drawings, installation drawings and drawing packages.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The function of this position is to utilize AutoCAD and Autodesk Advance Steel to prepare two-dimensional drafting details and three-dimensional models for use in developing shop drawings for our fabrication department, various plan and elevation drawings for customers and installation drawings for our installation teams. With direction from management, the qualified technician will apply AutoCAD skills and knowledge in drafting engineering and fabrication design documents and will provide general CAD technical support in the discipline of structural engineering.
* A strong mechanical aptitude and the ability to grasp spatial concepts
* 3 - 5 years experience in generating fabrication drawings for manufacturing processes
* Excellent math skills (geometry and trigonometry)
* Must be capable of reading architectural plans and structural drawings
* Must be self-motivated, flexible and have good documentation skills
* Must have the ability to accurately analyze architectural and application data
* Must have the desire to learn and grow individually as well as in a team environment and to work under deadlines
* Proficiency in AutoCAD is required; knowledge of 3D software such as Autodesk Advance Steel is preferred.
* Must have excellent communication skills. Comfort interacting and collaborating with all levels of employees and customers on an on-going basis
* Regular and predictable attendance, safely perform tasks and adherence to all safety policies and procedures are essential functions of this job
* A technical drafting degree or certificate in a related technical field of study is preferred
* 3 or more years of work experience in a related field is preferred. Including 2D drafting and must have the mindset and willingness to work in 3D
What We Offer You
* Highly competitive starting pay
* Comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefits programs
* Life Insurance
* Profit Sharing
* Direct deposit
* Education reimbursement program
* A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
Seizmic, Inc. was formed in 1985 as a California corporation, specializing in the analysis of material handling equipment. The company has grown to its present size of over 45 employees handling the design and permitting of projects, such as:
Storage racks and their anchorage for the corresponding seismic location and verification of the floor slab and the capability of supporting the imposed loads. Rack structures range from 6' tall to 125’ tall, with loads from 25 lbs per shelf to as much as 12,000 lbs per shelf. Clientele includes industries from: Food and Beverage, Transportation, Government, Medical/ Pharmaceutical and Retail.
Specialty Structures; which includes the analysis and selection of the flooring system, joists, girders, columns, footings, as well as, safety equipment.
Conveyor support systems; verifying that their attachments to the building trusses and/or floors will not affect the building's structural integrity.
Other warehousing projects, such as: wall openings in tilt-up walls, footings, tanks, roof supported structures for external storage, rack supported buildings, etc.
Role: Full Time CAD Technician
Apply for this job now.