Based at Corporate Headquarters in Anaheim the candidatewill be responsible for meeting with agencies and presenting the capabilitiesand products of Econolite to key agency personnel. The individual will also be responsible for managing key accounts within the region andexpanding the market within the western US. The candidate will be responsiblefor being the primary point-of-contact, from the field on all project pursuits withinthe region; they will assist with the formation of project teams, analyzerequests for proposals (RFPs), requests for information (RFIs), generateproposals, estimate project scopes, and provide product management support forCV-specific products sold by Econolite.
The ideal candidate will have a 5 year plus experience in engineeringand/or account management. Leveraging their experience to cultivaterelationships within existing agencies and utilize their engineering backgroundin selling to other engineers and technical departments.
- Serve as the point-of-contact for Econolite and key clients.
- Review RFPs, RFIs and other requests for information, relative to department
- Generate proposals and presentations for training purposes.
- Generate proposals and presentations for sales opportunities.
- Serve as a project management resource.
- Analyze plans and schematics for the purpose of making recommendations and proposals
- Conduct Systems product presentations, for business development ortraining purposes
- Maintain close liaison and cooperative relationship with all Econolite's sales and agent personnel and facilitate all necessary technical assistance.
- Collaborate with Econolite sales personnel and distributors in the evaluation of project specifications and in applications engineering.
- Review technical specifications and proposals to ensure system compliance prior to bids.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Serve as a customer-facing ambassador of The Econolite Group, Inc. byrepresenting the organization in a positive, professional manner to support theBrand Promise.
Bachelor's degree inElectrical Engineering or Civil Engineering preferred ORequivalent experience in Engineering or Account Management role
- 5 year plus experience inEngineering/ Account Management role
- As a “face of Econolite” before ourcustomers, this position requires a self-starter with excellent integrity and workethics to work remotely with minimum of supervision.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a team environment orindependently.
- Extensive knowledge and experience inthe traffic industry is preferred.
- Knowledge and/or experience in ConnectedVehicle technologies desirable.
- Professional Engineering (PE)certification is preferred
- Excellent verbal and writtencommunication skills.
Moderate businesstravel is required on an average of 25% when and as needed.
The above statements are intended to indicatethe general nature and level of work performed by employees within thisclassification. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as anexhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, skills, and qualificationsrequired of employees assigned to this job.
We conform to all the laws, statutes, andregulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action.We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veteransto apply to all of our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer andall qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment withoutregard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity,or national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information & Testing,Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any othercharacteristic protected by law.
We prohibit Retaliation against individuals whobring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or thegovernment, or against any individuals who assist or participate in theinvestigation of any complaint or otherwise oppose discrimination.
An Equal Opportunity Employer - Non-SmokingFacility #ZR
Econolite's Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) solutions ease traffic congestion, provide safer mobility and improves quality of life. As the one-stop-shop leader for traffic management systems, sensor products, and services, our broad offerings also include planning and design of turnkey, multi-modal transportation systems, software engineering, traffic network implementation, integration, operations, and maintenance. Econolite is committed to the advancement of connected and automated vehicles, smart cities, and cybersecurity. For more information, visit us at #removed#
Role: Business Development Specialist
Apply for this job now.