Medical Office Coordinator
Illinois Dermatology Institute is seeking an experienced Medical Office Coordinator for our Oak Park office. Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Medical Office Coordinator will be responsible for the implementation of policies and procedures and managing the daily operations of the office. This is a hands-on position and requires a highly self-directed, proven problem-solver with excellent leadership experience.
The successful candidate will be strong, positive, forward thinking and innovative with the drive to lead continuous improvement strategies to the highest standards of productivity and patient service.
This is the perfect opportunity for driven candidates looking to advance their career into management.
· Manage daily operations, efficiency and productivity within the office.
· Communicate with office staff and physicians and assist them in implementation and training to work within organizational guidelines and goals.
· Staff the office as necessary to provide the most cost-effective coverage of practice activities.
· Maintain required inventory of supplies for office and monitor the orders and expenditures.
· Provide appropriate and timely follow up to address all patient concerns and complaints.
· Oversee and perform timely delivery of billing summaries and work with billing office to address appropriate billing reports and issues.
· Manage and maintain required compliance items including, but not limited to, OSHA, HIPAA, CLIA, and MIPS within the office as directed by the corporate office.
· Serve as office point-person for providers, employees, pharmaceutical reps, and vendors
· Serve as liaison between the medical office and corporate office.
· Collaborate and work alongside other members of the management team to achieve goals.
· Develop strategy for new lead development, patient retention, and new marketing initiatives to maximize overall growth.
· Appropriately seek guidance in assistance with human resource and operational concerns.
· Develop employees by fostering a team-driven environment and by providing coaching in a positive manner in effort to maintain and build self-esteem and competence to help employees achieve their maximum potential and contribution.
· Provides appropriate resources, direction, and accountability to employees and physicians.
- Provide backup to receptionist and medical assistant as required to maintain timely patient flow.
- All other duties as assigned.
Associate's Degree, Bachelor's Degree Preferred, in Health Administration, Management or Nursing.
Teamwork/Cooperation: Readily shares information, knowledge and personal strengths. Seeks to understand and build on differing perspectives to enhance office harmony and quality outcomes
Leadership and Interpersonal Skills: Works well with others and has good interpersonal skills to interact with all levels of the organization. Is courteous, tactful, and has a team spirit. Communicates in a clear, concise, effective, and timely manner, both orally and in writing. Displays well developed listening skills
Adaptability/Flexibility: Ability to adapt and learn to stay current with new technologies, processes and regulations and has keen understanding of the industry and trends.
Patient Service: Incorporates and demonstrates customer service strategies in dealing with people to achieve the department and organization's goal of providing quality care
Personal Job Competency: Performs responsibilities of position efficiently and effectively within parameters of IDI policies, procedures and governmental agencies.
· 2+ years in medical office leadership required. Dermatology, MOHs or Plastic Surgery experience is preferred.
· Knowledge of medical terminology, insurance, CPT and ICD-10, OSHA, HIPPA, Nurse Practice Act, and Employment legislation.
· Computer Literate with EHR experience
· Strong organization, prioritization and time-management skills
Illinois Dermatology Institute, or IDI, is a partnership of dermatologists committed to providing excellent, cutting-edge medical care balanced with compassion - both of which are necessary for a successful and fulfilling doctor-patient relationship. The foundation of IDI is built on time-honored values of patient-centered care. We treat people rather than simply focus on their skin diseases. And as outside forces attempt to change healthcare into a business, our commitment is to continue to provide the type of care that our patients deserve. Our Chicago physicians cover the many facets of dermatology: cosmetic, medical, and surgical. We have convenient locations in the Chicagoland area. If you are a patient, we invite you to discover the kind of dermatological care that sets us apart. If you are a dermatologist who feels the same way we do, we invite you to learn more about us as we continue to grow.
Role: Medical Office Coordinator
Location: Oak Park,
Apply for this job now.