Secondary SEN/SEMH Online English Tutor
Location Remote/Online (Commutable to London for a one off F2F meeting)
Pay £110 - £140 per day
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications.
Day to day, long term and permanent contracts are available
Smart Teachers are recruiting for an experienced Secondary SEN/SEMH Online English Tutor
who is looking to provide tutoring to students remotely and on an online platform. A lot of the schools and students that will require online tutoring will be students who have SEMH needs, so experience with this type of student and environment would be beneficial to both the candidate and the school.
The candidate would be using an online platform to plan, deliver and mark work for students, as well as liaising with teachers at the school and sometimes the parents/guardians of the students to ensure students time is being utilised the best it can. There will also be training provided by the school on the online platform of their choice, and all tutoring will be delivered on a 1 to 1 basis.
The school is a high achieving SEMH secondary school in Eltham, South East London. Academic achievement is at the core of everything they do, while taking each individual student's needs into account. There is a real friendly, family feel to the staff force and a generally low level of staff turnover. The students in the school show challenging and sometimes aggressive behaviour, so any successful candidate would need to be experienced and comfortable in handling and dealing with this. The school has always demonstrated fantastic achievements in terms of GCSE pass results which continues to stand at the core of their values.
To be considered for the Secondary SEN/SEMH Online English Tutor position you will need to be:
- Comfortable and confident with video calling apps such as Zoom and Microsoft Teams
- Hold QTS
- Have previous experience working with students with SEMH in a PRU setting
- Have a very strong work ethic
- Be comfortable in delivering planned work across a range of subjects
- Have a valid DBS on the Update Service
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Smart Teachers
Smart Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company Tes Global.
What Smart Teachers offer
As a valued employee of Smart Teachers, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (to commence when schools re-open, subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE online EduCare training package worth £390, including 38 accredited saf