Location: Braintree, Essex
The management and successful tendering of the companies tender enquiries and process ensuring the returned tenders are competitive whilst meeting the needs of the business and our clients aspirations. Provide an accurate, timely and consistent level of service to both internal and external stakeholders across the whole range of business services and projects for Electrical Vehicle Charging, Battery Storage, Renewable Generation, Large I&C to be carried out across the UK.
Electrical Estimator Responsibilities:
- Tenders returned to customers in a timely manner
- Ensure that all tenders are of high quality, comprehensive and error free
- Evaluate tender enquiry documentation, assess the resource, materials, engineering costs within a client's proposal
- Finalise and submit documentation to the person of appropriate sign off level for approval in line with company processes
- Acquire a thorough understanding of the client's aspirations as per the tender enquiry
- Involve Project Managers where necessary on particular items of scope
- Carry out detailed site visits when necessary or arrange pre quote site surveys with Delivery Managers
- Be held commercially responsible for allocated tenders
- Work closely with BD, Design, Delivery and Projects to ensure completeness of tenders
- Act as an externally facing representative for the business and up-hold its values and reputation
- Developing and maintaining compelling relationships with all stakeholders both internal and external.
- Actively contribute to continuous business and process improvement
- Utilise Assistant Estimators to support with tendering and provide training where necessary
- Provide input to post tender negotiations and tender contract handover/ongoing support to PM's
Electrical Estimator Requirements:
- HV and EHV design experience (Essential)
- Knowledge of Estimating processes
- Positive attitude towards customer service and understanding of its impact on business performance
- Knowledge and awareness of continuous improvement within existing and new processes.
- Awareness of competitors and the marketplace
- Knowledge of Estimating techniques, principles and methodologies
- Ability to identify and price value engineering options
- Strong proven background in an engineering role
- Strong proven background working within M&E or similar
- Utilities experience within the renewables sector or 18th Edition electrical.
- Ability to understand and interpret technical drawings and schematics
- Ability to assess and size cables
- Strong knowledge with electrical equipment/systems
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships.
- Proactive and motivated approach.
- Positive can do' attitude
- Empathetic approach to both internal and external customers, offering first class customer service at all time.
- Capable of working to strict deadlines
- Good commercial knowledge and ability to work quickly mathematically
- Strong IT skills including MS Suite
If you think that you are suitable for this Electrical Estimator role, please apply now!
Nexus Infrastructure plc and its subsidiaries, Tamdown, TriConnex and eSmart networks is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity and promote equality across all of our businesses. We welcome applications from all sections of society and are always happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support