What you'll do...
How you'll do it...
- Create, maintain and advocate testing of real-time data streams, through the use of automation frameworks, including extensive API testing.
- Apply an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to plan, design and develop creative solutions to multi-platform testing problems.
- Steer test approach to include mocks, stubs and automated frameworks through early engagement.
- Build a test infrastructure that is treated in the same manner as production code, maintainable and performant.
- Integrate automation into continuous integration build.
- Work with teams to develop and implement monitoring to check health and availability of services.
- Be responsible for, or create, maintain and execute non-functional tests.
- Provide technical support, coaching and mentoring to help develop people within the tribe.
You will report into the Test Lead for the Bet Tribe, but day to day your work will be within your squads where you will be given the autonomy to determine how to best approach the testing of your applications and services
Other skills we value...
- Be comfortable at a whiteboard debating testability of microservice architectures and how automated tests should provide coverage for each of these services.
- Proactively conduct research on emerging technologies and help introduce these where appropriate.
- Advocate for all engineers in the team to be involved with the creation and maintenance of test tooling code.
- You'll work alongside autonomous squads where your opinion counts.
- You'll analyse past experiences to help make better decisions.
What we can offer you…
- Page Object automated test design pattern.
- Using version control tools such as GIT.
- Message queue technologies, Kafka or RabbitMQ
- Skills using a variety of datastore technologies.
An environment where teams feel like family and everyone works together as one team to achieve your shared vision.
Helping you be a master in your domain is critical to our company's success: that's why we have "10% L&D time" just for you. This means that Friday afternoons are your time to learn whatever you decide you need to stay at the top of your game.
Our People Ambition is to attract & develop diverse & talented people to meet the current and future growth needs of SB&G. Together, our aim is to create the Best Digital Business to work at .
Mon to Fri - Standard
Role: Software Engineer in Test
Job Type: Permanent
Apply for this job now.