We are currently seeking a professional Facilities Officer to work as part of a team providing front-line support services. The successful candidate will have experience working within a facilities environment and be the holder of a full driving licence, they will also be a team player who is, personable, customer centric and committed to providing service excellence. The standard working week for this role will be 40 hours and could vary between 8.00 am - 8.00 pm Monday to Friday, there will occasionally be the need to be available to work out of hours at evenings, weekends and bank holidays at the request of the Operation Team Leader / Facilities Manager and there will also be a requirement to travel to meetings, seminars, training courses.
- To use the Helpdesk system to monitor, input, respond and react to jobs logged.
- Provide feedback on open jobs and update system with details of actions.
- Utilise the BMS to control and adapt settings of the heating, ventilation and (HVAC) system.
- To identify and act on fault alerts within the system, identifying remedial action.
- Postal duties
Vehicles and Driving Duties
- Ensuring company fleet vehicles are maintained in good safe working order and fulfil helpdesk requirements.
- Safely drive the company minibus.
- Assist the Communications team with vehicle handovers and other promotional events.
- Prepare and maintain user guides for all company pool cars.
- Keep the pool vehicles and minibus in good condition.
- Record mileage and maintain logbook records and service histories for company vehicles.
- Prepare vehicles for end of lease return.
- Assist the Operational Team Leader and/or Facilities Manager in the purchase or lease of any new vehicle for the fleet.
- Assist the Operational Team Leader and/or Facilities Manager with costing reports and supplier selection as requested in connection to the company fleet.
Maintenance and Health and Safety
- Provide light maintenance i.e. changing of lamps, assembling shelving, desks or pedestals, and maintain a good level of decoration within the offices.
- Support and assist the recycling of paper, ink toner, cardboard and other recyclable materials and the disposal of waste under WEEE.
- Ensure that storerooms are kept organised and tidy, assisting with literature stock checks as requested.
- Provide for the Operational Team Leader and/or Facilities Manager management information in line with the PUWER regulations.
- To perform PAT testing and update records accordingly.
- To perform Health and Safety inspections as requested.
- Assist the Facilities Manager and/or Operational Team Leader with reporting, risk assessments writing and fixed assets records.
- Act as the assistant to the Lead Fire Marshal during drills and evacuations, in the absence of the Lead Fire Marshal take on this role.
- Assist the Operational Team Leader in the management of the COSHH register on site.
- In line with the departmental procedures and policies control contractors working on site ensuring security, safety, and compliance.
Security and Disaster Recovery
- Act as a key holder in the opening of the building daily, and health and safety walk rounds are completed.
- On a roster basis, act as a key holder for alarm activation call outs during the working week, out of hours and at weekends including public holidays.
- Play a vital role in the recovery of the business in case of service failure or systems loss with transportation and assistance where required at the recovery site.
Qualifications, Experience, Training, Profession