Keith and Associates, Inc. (KEITH) has a full-time opening for an experience Comptroller in its Corporate Office in Pompano Beach, FL. KEITH is a leading land development and engineering firm.
KEITH has carefully created a positive firm “culture” that supports a collaborative working environment that allows close cooperation among staff and offices, allowing each employee to make meaningful contributions to the firm’s growth and success. We enjoy a vibrant culture where each team member is appreciated and offers a diverse array of benefits to those who are part of our team.
The Comptroller is the internal expert in financial analysis and accounting operations and leads all administrative teams.
Responsible for the accounting operations of the company, overseeing the accounting department staff in day-to-day operations. Assist CEO with the production of the financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s financial results, and ensure that the results comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
The Comptroller is responsible for managing the financial operations and resources of the firm to maximize profit potential and value creation. The Comptroller will report to the CEO and work closely with the firm’s executive team, senior management and other firm leaders to ensure efficient operation of the firm. A key ongoing responsibility is to ensure the continued viability of the firm’s internal ownership succession planning process. He or she must have proven leadership skills, be able to build the strengths of people around them, and demonstrate the ability to excel in a collaborative, high-performance environment.
- Oversee the company accounts (chart of accounts and sub ledgers)
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures (filing systems, transaction controls, regulation and legislation compliance)
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department (staff, workloads, organization design, team development, mentoring, efficiencies, cost savings)
- Manage Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivables, Collections and Cash Management (Cash Flow)
- Assist with the month end and year end productions (bank recs, recurring entries, accruals, allocations, prepayments, year-end reviews, etc.)
- Comply with local, state, and federal reporting requirements and tax filings
- Assist with the payroll and associated compliance requirements/issue’s
- Assist with the financial reporting requirements development (i.e. financial statements and metrics)
- System (Deltek/Vision) administration and enhancements and reporting
- Lead Project Managers on project financial progress, profitability and reporting.
- Coordinate with CPA, legal counsel, and insurance agents for financial, tax, contract and risk issues.
- Provide financial analyses where necessary and/or requested
- Assist with the company debt management and compliance with debt covenants
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance (minimum)
- 5 years (minimum) accountant working experience (leadership and supervisory included)
- Deltek/Vision experience a must.
- Experience within a service organization (Engineering/Architectural)
- Highly Proficient with Excel and Word. Strong internet skills. Adaptable to additional software packages
- Knowledge and understanding of contracts structure and terms & conditions
- Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Must possess strong communication skills with the ability to work independently
KEITH offers an excellent benefits package including health, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off. Qualified candidates only please submit your resume. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keith and Associates, Inc. (KEITH), is a multi-disciplined consulting engineering firm headquartered in Pompano Beach, Florida with additional offices in Miami-Dade, Palm Beach and Orlando. We provide civil engineering, planning, surveying and mapping, subsurface utility engineering (SUE), landscape architecture, BIM/VDC and construction management services. The firm was founded on the principle of achieving success by combining client-oriented business practices with the latest technology and a staff of experienced and talented professionals.
Location: Pompano Beach,
Apply for this job now.