We have a commitment to a happy, healthy, inclusive and productive workplace. Some of the ways we accomplish this include:
- Emphasizing our open door policy. Whether someone is brand new or has been with the Firm from the beginning, we are all part of the same family and each person matters
- Offering a competitive benefits package and 401k with a company match, including discounted gym memberships and biometric testing reimbursement
- Summer Fridays off!
- Comprehensive performance management program including real time feedback and a formalized mentorship program
- Technical training and business development workshops
More Than a Job
We're hiring for an Human Resources Generalist in our New York City office. Responsibilities include and are not limited to the following:
- Provide employee relations support to NY Audit Seniors and Staff, Digital Currency Group, CyZen and Quality Review
- Work with other members of the HR team, including the Long Island HR Generalist on Audit scheduling for NY and LI Audit engagement teams
- Collaborate with employees to determine their career goals, provide advice on how to achieve them and liaise between the employees, partners and other members of HR to ensure they are achieved where appropriate
- Meet frequently with staff to discuss goals, priorities and long term career planning
- Participate in performance evaluation and compensation discussions for your support groups
- Advise and mediate staff conflicts and issues
- Conduct on-boarding for new hires
- Interview/screen candidates, assist with sourcing as needed
- Increase firm's presence on social networking sites enhancing the firm's recruiting efforts and overall profile
- Act as the NY HR Operations representative on behalf of the NY HR team, rolling out policies and initiatives to the NY office
- Act as the HR representative on the CPE (learning and development) Committee on behalf of the Audit teams
- Participate in campus recruiting for the NY office hiring entry level candidates and interns
- Lead presentations and information sessions at our core and priority schools throughout the year
- Contribute to HR projects as needed
- With the NY HR Senior Manager, work on special projects and events for NY Audit group as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field
- 5+ years' experience in a similar role
- Ability to prioritize tasks while staying organized, work in fast-paced environments and pay attention to details
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in a professional service firm environment
Why Join Us?
Since 1924, Friedman LLP established itself as the premier advisor within the middle market business sector. With a forward thinking approach, Friedman has expanded on core audit and tax services with diverse advisory consulting services including: China Consulting; Forensic, Litigation Support & Valuation Services, Governance, Risk & Compliance, Cybersecurity Consulting and Digital Currency.
Ranked #1 in Vault's 2020 Best Culture in the Accounting Industry, the Friedman Experience offers an inclusive environment where professionals are developed into respected business leaders, while helping our community navigate their businesses in an evolving world.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Friedman LLP is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Friedman LLP will provide reasonable accommodations for persons with qualified disabilities according to Americans with Disabilities Act regulations. If an applicant requires a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact Lea Chown at #removed# All requests will be held in strict confidence.
Powered by JazzHR