A well known organisation based in Leeds are looking for an interim Payroll Clerk to join them for a minimum of three months.
This role will be done remote so you do not necessarily need to be based in the Leeds area.
- Preparing and processing weekly and monthly payrolls
- Answering routine queries regarding payroll, PAYE, NIC, and escalating more complex queries to supervisors, or responding with their assistance, as appropriate.
- Processing new starters, leavers, SSP, SMP, holidays etc
- Completing paperwork with regard to PAYE, NIC or any other query.
- Responding to routine HMRC queries
- Calculating and keeping records of all payments due to the HMRC and informing clients of payments to be made.
- Keeping relevant payroll files and records in good order for any inspection by HMRC.
- Filing all relevant information regarding payrolls in client's individual files
- Provide pension advice and respond to pension queries
- Experience in an end to end payroll
- Knowledge of payroll legislation/HRMC requirements
- Good understanding of auto-enrolment and pensions - any prior knowledge of public sector pension schemes inc NHS would be desirable
- Confident communicator, able to liaise with clients and colleagues at all levels
- Accurate, methodical and organised
- Smart and personable
- Good IT skills, experience of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
You must be able to work on your own initiative and be extremely confident when dealing with people both face to face and over the telephone.
The successful candidate will have an excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel and the ability to work to tight deadlines. If you want to apply for this position please contact Stephen Foster on 0113 234 6400 or email you CV to #removed#