The Warehouse worker is responsible for the proper unloading, loading, counting, inspecting, storing, picking and delivering of shipments in a timely fashion in order to meet business demands.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Follow company policies/procedures; including but not limited to loading, unloading, counting, inspecting, storing, picking and delivery of shipments.
- Report directly to Supervisor at the start of shift. Complete assigned tasks with a sense of urgency following guidelines set by Supervisors. Report directly to Supervisor after tasks are completed.
- Maintain knowledge in regards to product and respective storage temperatures. Can distinguish between products using different attributes such as lot number, brand, size, and quality.
- Build pallets properly to ensure the quality and condition of the product. Select proper items, lots, and counts as listed on the pick ticket. Ensure merchandise is securely stacked, stored, and leveled.
- Obtain customer signatures and pallet exchange upon delivery when required.
- Actively maintain store presentation, including but not limited to; leveling off merchandise, removing empty pallets, discarding wrap, tape, straps, trash, and recyclables into the appropriate bins
- Contribute ideas to supervisors in order to improve efficiency of work.
- Communicate with coworkers and leaders when problems occur or tasks are not complete.
- Perform work assignments with limited supervision, and focuses on task at hand.
- Understand and follows all safety procedures, and maintain a clean and safe work area. Work safely to prevent accidents, and take immediate action to correct any unsafe situation. Immediately report accidents or issues to Supervisor
- Operate powered equipment in a controlled and proper manner.
- Perform tasks related to assisting customers with their orders
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Shifts are overnight or daytime and we look for candidates who are willing to work either shift. Experience operating a pallet jack and/or Hi Lo is strongly preferred. Benefits include comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance, pension plan, life insurance and other benefits.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.42 /hour
S. Katzman Produce Inc. and Katzman Berry Corp. supply a full range of fruits and vegetables to customers in the Northeast, United States. Recognized as one of the leading wholesaler/distributors of quality produce in the Hunts Point Terminal Market, Katzman's success comes from over 100 years of working with many of the best-known growers and shippers in the industry.
Providing service to a wide range of businesses — including retailers, independent supermarkets, gourmet outlets, food service distributors/purveyors, caterers, and restaurants — our customers demand high levels of quality and reliable supply, and we pride ourselves on exceeding their expectations 365 days a year. Now in our third generation of family ownership (and fourth generation coming up through the ranks as well), we proudly stand behind every transaction.
Our Goal: “To be the most reliable source for high quality produce at fair prices. We pride ourselves on long term relationships built over years of mutual trust and respect. Whether supplying a small local shop or an international retail chain, we treat all our sales with the same level of commitment. We are partners with all our suppliers and customers, and it is these relationships which allow us to do what we do each day.”
Role: Warehouse Worker
Apply for this job now.