Autism Specialist Support Worker
Do you have experience of supporting pupils with SEN requirements, additional needs, or disabilities?
Are you passionate about supporting children with Special Educational Needs?
Role: Autism Specialist Support worker, KS3-4
Salary: GBP60-65 per day
Teaching Personnel are currently working alongside a diverse secondary school in the Kingswood area of Bristol who are looking to recruit proactive candidates as Autism specialist support workers. This role is full-time and provides the opportunity to gain experience and training. The role will be supporting a child with additional needs 1:1 and within small groups at a mainstream KS3-4 classroom as an Autism specialist support worker.
- A 'Good' Ofsted school with improving results and new facilities
- Exciting organisation offering career advancing opportunities for ambitious new staff within a supportive academy environment
- Inspiring and inclusive learning community where staff and students are supported
- Accessible transport links near ring road (A4174), Bath and public transport from Bristol City Centre
The ideal candidate:
- Be able to commit to a long-term role
- Have a respectful and professional manner towards pupils and staff within the school
- Offer practical help and emotional support to children experiencing short or long-term difficulties
- Can work alongside a classroom teacher and liaise with parents and SENCO
- Have a positive, patient, empathetic and sensitive approach whilst working with students 1:1 and in small groups, assisting children through therapy sessions and bespoke care programmes
- Support students with communication, feedback, and social activities
- Encourage confidence, self-esteem, and independence
- Have experience of working within a similar environment or supporting individuals with similar needs and be confident working with children with a range of Special Needs
- The right to work within the UK
- The ability to provide two references from your most recent employers
- All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid child workforce Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
Benefit from -
- Competitive rates of pay
- Rewarding Job Satisfaction
- Great work-life balance with school holidays
What Teaching Personnel can offer you:
- Specialist trained consultants - supporting you in finding your ideal role
- Full access to high-quality Continuing Professional Development (CPD) training
- If your friend or colleague works through us for at least five days, you will be entitled to a £50 bonus!
- Supporting your COVID-secure safe return to work
If you are interested in applying for this role or have any questions, please email your CV to our recruiter Ewan: #removed# or call the friendly Bristol office on 0117 239 1557