Under general supervision receives, stores, selects and loads products within warehouse by performing the following duties as directed by immediate supervisor or Operations Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES : include the following.
Selection and preparation of customer orders in a manner that insures complete fulfillment of each customer order.
- Accurate receipt and documentation for inbound product.
- Affixes pallet tags and marks materials with other identifying information upon receipt.
- Conveys products and materials from receiving areas to storage or other designated areas.
- Places items on racks, shelves or bins according to predetermined slot assignments.
- Rotates stock to enable oldest stock to be most accessible for picking.
- Reads pick tickets, pick labels (or on screen display, etc.), assembles customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets. Loads trailers with merchandise scheduled to be shipped.
- Records information as directed to track the above activities.
- Performs tasks in a manner consistent with the zero errors policy of the company.
- Maintains performance at or above productivity standards and service level targets established by the company.
- Operates within applicable safety guidelines as per government regulations, the company's safety manuals and/or stated safety policies, and common sense.
- Performs inspection of material handling equipment and maintains fluid levels to ensure continues optimal operation.
- Performs work in a manner so as to prevent damage to company equipment, facilities and products.
- Insures proper warehouse cleanliness is maintained at all times.
- Follows up on ALL customer request and questions to ensure appropriate response is made and customer is satisfied.
- Treats all customers (both internal and external) with respect, courtesy and kindness.
- Upholds and complies with policies and attitudes adopted by the company.
- Accepts responsibility to THINK about how own actions and actions of my associates effect our customers and our company.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and safety rules as stated in the Employee Handbook and otherwise posted or communicated.
- Other duties as assigned to help meet company goals.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos in English. Ability to write simple correspondence in English. Ability to effectively communicate in one-on-one and small group situations to customers and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add and subtract three digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of U.S. money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Equipment certifications and required by local, state, and federal regulations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and high, precarious places. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, outside weather conditions, and extreme cold. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
For over 100 years, BakeMark has stood for excellence in quality and service, for our customers, our stakeholders and our colleagues. We attribute our success to our colleagues and their contributions towards meeting the needs of our customers and stakeholders. We all share our values and ways of working. We are passionate about the baking industry. We excel at creating strong partnerships within the company and with our loyal customers. We love to innovate and thrive to manufacture and deliver performing bakery products and world-class customer service.
At BakeMark we appreciate our employees and their families and offer a competitive pay and a full suite of benefits:
• Medical Benefits
• Dental Benefits
• Vision Benefits
We are always looking for new team members to join our fast-paced, dynamic, and growing company.
Role: Warehouse Worker
Apply for this job now.