Our Superintendents are required to provide on-site coordination for all phases of commercial construction operations. These responsibilities include the direction of subcontractors, material equipment, and ensure the completion of projects according to a specified schedule, specifications, and budget. A Superintendent is also accountable for scheduling, inspections, quality control and job safety.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with pre-construction and project management to develop and execute a project schedule. Monitor schedule and communicate updates to all subcontractors and vendors throughout the project.
- Remain compliant with insurance, OSHA requirements and all state and federal regulations, labor relations and Equal Employment Opportunity regulations.
- Lead project-specific quality assurance and workmanship program to include all subcontractors.
- Responsible for Punch List completion, Final Inspections, Certificates of Occupancy and other items for Close-out.
- Manage layout and field engineering to meet project requirements.
- Support timely project completion through project scheduling, expediting material deliveries, managing materials and documenting submittals/approvals.
- Support Project Manager in the development of monthly progress report, payment applications and all financial cost reports.
- Develop labor cost reporting to control the budget.
- Produce and monitor all job site control reporting including daily reports, payroll, time sheets, petty cash report, quantity reporting, accident and incident reports.
- Coordinate and oversee all material deliveries, subcontracts, and self-perform work.
- Understand local labor requirements, availability, and capability for self-perform work.
- Understand all trade contractor’s means and methods in accordance with project contract documents.
- Work with marketing on standard project signage and other required identification material.
- Identify and progress new work opportunities.
TRAVEL IS REQUIRED.
VALID DRIVERS LICENSE IS REQUIRED.
Specific Job Skills and Experience:
- Erect framework, erect partitions, studs, joints, etc.
- Interior work to include installing millwork, doors, hanging & finishing sheetrock.
- Performing duties with precision and have the ability to work without close supervision
- High School diploma or comparable experience.
- Minimum 5 years construction management experience.
- Carpentry background highly preferred.
Compensation is based on experience.
Market Contractors, Ltd. is a national, full service general contractor company specializing in multi-unit tenant improvement work, with a concentration on commercial build-outs in the healthcare, financial, retail, class A office and restaurant sectors. We provide turn-key solutions with in-house Program Management, Design, Custom Casework including modular technology, FF&E Procurement and Management, and General Contracting. We have over 65 years of combined experience with our sister companies, Financial Supermarkets Inc. (the nations largest provider of In-store financial institutions), Sorbella Practice Builders (a healthcare division performing turn-key build out solutions for dental, medical and veterinary practices).
Role: Traveling Superintendent
Location: Los Angeles,
Apply for this job now.