Job Role: Accounts Payable Analyst
Location: Paramus, NJ
Duration: 3 Months Contract
The Accounts Payable Analyst is responsible to fulfill all A/P functions of his/her assigned Business Units to ensure timely payment of all vendor invoices and check requests. Provides support to Senior A/P Analyst and Manager - Disbursements.
Proven PeopleSoft experience within an Accounts Payable Analyst Capacity is REQUIRED.
- Responsible for all Accounts Payable functions for assigned Business Units.
- Responsible for following all department and Company policies and procedures.
- Coordinates the preparation and computation of accurate Accounts Payable records.
- Enters invoices and check requests into PeopleSoft system.
- Verifies and ensures accuracy of data entered into PeopleSoft A/P system. Makes any necessary corrections.
- Responsible for disbursement of company funds. Processes check runs at assigned frequencies.
- Reviews match exception log and resolves problems.
- Coordinates fleet card program. Acts as liaison between vendor and users. Instructs users about fleet card procedures.
- Uses good judgment in consulting with superior on all matters in which he/she is uncertain of the proper application of Company policies.
- Posts Accounts Payable data within A/P module. Analyzes query results for any unposted or erroneous data.
- Assists in development & testing of test scripts related to upgrades in A/P module.
- Resolves invoice discrepancies with Procurement staff and/or vendors.
- Responds in timely fashion to all vendor inquiries.
- Analyzes and summarizes monthly Procurement Card transactions for entry into system.
- Reviews positive pay suspect items and evaluates and notifies bank regarding validity of payment.
- Processes void checks. Evaluates reason for void and determines appropriate system procedures to void check and close liability or to void check and reissue replacement check.
- Places Stop Payments with bank via Internet or through bank software via modem.
- Works on special projects as assigned.
- Works with internal/external auditors during interim and year-end audits.
- Works with accountants to ensure proper coding of expenditures.
- Provides support to Senior Accounts Payable Analyst and Manager-Disbursements.
- Handles other responsibilities as assigned.
- Reconciles Accounts Payable data to General Ledger.
Education/Equivalent: High school diploma required. College degree preferred.
Work Experience Needed: Two years’ experience working in Accounts Payable on an automated A/P system.
Special Skills/Abilities Needed:
- Computer Skills: MS Office Suite, PeopleSoft experience REQUIRED in an AP Analyst Capacity
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers through oral and written form.
- Ability to prioritize workload and focus on areas of significant impact.
- Ability to work in team environment.
- Ability to deal with internal customers (coworkers) and external customers (vendors, auditors)
- Ability to analyze problematic situations and determine appropriate course of action.
- Customer Service oriented.
- Ability to use and understand PeopleSoft chartfields.
Comrise is the bridge to the first-rate talent for organizations that recognize the value of their workforce. With locations in the U.S., China, and Hong Kong, we help our clients reach far and wide for both local and international resources which yield the highest return on their human capital investments. Headquartered in New Jersey since 1984, Comrise is a staffing, consulting and enhanced search technology company. For over 30 years we have delighted our clients and consultants by focusing on customer satisfaction, innovation, and flexible workforce solutions. By combining our global networks with our outstanding local offices, Comrise provides high-quality executive search, temporary and temporary to permanent staffing solutions, and cross-border placement services.
Role: PeopleSoft - Accounts Payable
Apply for this job now.