Responsible for various types of weld preparation, welding and weld finishing operations to manufacture product to customer drawings, specifications, or other forms of instruction. Primary responsibility is to MIG and TIG weld.
- Repairs products by dismantling, straightening, reshaping, and reassembling parts
- Maintains welding equipment
- Performs finish grinding applications using manual and power tools
- Sets fixturing and weld set up parameters (amps, volts, etc.) as required
- Knowledge of wire, filler materials and gases applicable for various steel alloys
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one year equivalent experience in various forms of welding, preferably in a production environment, and preferably a Trade of V-Tech degree in related field.
- Proficient in assigned MIG and TIG welding techniques.
- Has knowledge of wire and filler materials and gases applicable for various alloys, working knowledge of fixturing and weld set up parameters (amps, volts, etc.).
- Successful completion of an internal welding test, and the ability to achieve certification to customer requirements as applicable.
- Ability to read blueprints, especially weld requirement symbols.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge and ability to key critical data into PRMS with accuracy and thoroughness.
- Must be a certified welder.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and peripheral vision. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to walk and climb or balance.
Founded in 1945, MEC is a manufacturer that provides a broad range of Prototyping, Metal Fabrication, Tube Bending, Machining, Welding, Coating, and Value Added Assembly services to a variety of markets including Commercial Vehicle, Power Sports & Recreational Vehicles, Agriculture, Construction & Forestry, Military, Mining, Automotive, and Power Generation companies.
Along with process engineering and development services, MEC maintains an extensive manufacturing infrastructure in 16 facilities across five states. These facilities make it possible to offer conventional and CNC stamping, shearing, sawing, laser, plasma, and water-jet cutting, forming, drilling, tapping, grinding, tube bending, machining, welding, assembly and logistic services. MEC also possesses a broad range of finishing capabilities including shot blasting, e-coating, powder coating, wet spray and military grade chemical agent resistant coating (CARC) painting. Contact us today to find out more information about how we can help you and your business.
Apply for this job now.