Materials Coordinator - Production Support - Portsmouth
Based in Portsmouth a Materials Coordinator is required on a 3 month contract basis with a leading UK defence company.
- Manage and take accountability in ensuring that all materials and tooling at the preproduction phase are identified, kitted and available to allow work to be passed to production.
- You'll be required to co-ordinate and work collaboratively with logistics and supply chain team to ensure the daily drum beat of work is released to production.
- Accountable for pre-production checks to ensure right materials and tooling is assigned to work orders that enable team leaders to allow first time execution of work.
- Maintain a close relationship with the Production Planners to ensure that we continuously improve and ensure the business have the correct material identified on the task lists.
- Ensure pre-requisites are advanced to Green, to allow production to deliver, in accordance with schedule.
- Ideally an understanding and knowledge of ship repair production processes, methods and safe practices within one or more trade disciplines and the practical implications of product safety assurance.
- Ability to Find and extract Material components from customer requirements and liaise with customer where necessary to resolve technical issues.
- PC literate and competent with Microsoft Excel/Access and able to use an ERP system without supervision to undertake the planning role.
- Logical, analytical and structured approach to problem solving
- Self-management and motivation to identify and deliver tasks within acceptable time frames with minimal guidance and supervision
- Able to support other team members and monitor own progress against planned delivery and quality targets and to contribute to continuous improvement of the planning function.
If you would like to be considered for this role please don't hesitate to click apply or call Daniel McShane for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client's and candidate's needs.
Our Manchester office (which covers the whole of the UK) provides a "one-stop shop" to clients and candidates operating in the engineering and manufacturing sectors and in addition to Engineers, we source and provide temporary/contract and permanent opportunities for IT, Programme Management and Support Professionals (including Procurement/Purchasing/Supply Chain, HR, Finance and Administrative Support).
Role: Materials Coordinator - Production Support - Portsmouth
Job Type: Contract
Location: Portsmouth, Hampshire,
Apply for this job now.