Position Title: Machinery Lead Shared Resource
Working Schedule:Work hours per day: 10 hrs./day
Work Days per Week: 6 days/week
Work day per Month: 26 days/month
Work Location: Qatar
Contract Length: 24 months
Part A: Job Specification
o Responsible for overseeing Mechinery Engineering design and execution activities and oversee EPC Contractor in delivery of all aspects of Mechinery design, equipment, technical and execution definition, including planning for detailed design, procurement, installation, testing and commissioning. Ensures machinery design activities (e.g. project specifications, data sheets, detailed design, design studies, commissioning procedures, etc.) are fully developed during EPC to comply with project technical and execution requirements.
Reporting and Relationships o Reports to Machinery Head Shared Resources
o Regular interface and collaboration with Engineering Manager, Head Electrical, Process, Main I&C, Mechanical, Piping and Civil/Structural Engineers, Head Loss Prevention, Operations Advisor, Engineering Advisors and Facility Engineer in client Onshore organisation.
o Frequent contact with Operations, Safety, and Engineering departments.
o Continuous interaction with EPC Contractor, associated vendors and engineering subcontractors.
o Occasional engagement with shareholder representatives and Subject Matter Experts
Job Context & Major Challenge(s)
o Plans and supervises design, fabrication, installation, commissioning and start-up activities for all client Projects machinery scope. Provides guidance to EPC contractor to expedite key decisions to deliver machinery scope per project execution plans. There is a high degree of interfacing with other disciplines and groups to successfully develop the design and execution plans for machinery scope. Leverages SME support on major design or execution issues.
Financial Dimension o As defined for this job level in the Delegation of Authority and/or approved budget.
Generic Accountabilities - All Employees
Safety Health & Environment
o Ensure all activities are undertaken in compliance with Company Safety, Health and Environment and Quality policies, regulations and standards.
Qatarization Program o Contribute to the development of Qatari employees. This accountability is a condition of employment for expatriate employees.
o Ensure all activities undertaken comply with anti - trust and competition laws and the Company firewall policies and procedures.
Key Job Accountabilities (Max 10, each unique, exclude generic)
1. Accountable for a quality design of machinery engineering deliverables, including design safety aspects and execution planning of machinery field activities
2. Leads machinery design and coordination amongst other disciplines. Reviews and processes work activities, discussing and determining priorities in conjunction with Engineering Manager and Heads of Process, Electrical, Mechanical, disciplines together with Operations and Engineering Advisors to ensure that project deliverables are met.
3. Provides guidance to EPC contractor to complete machinery design per project specifications in a timely manner and provides clear direction when project instructions or specifications are not clear
4. Key effort to support interfacing between key vendors (BHGE, Siemens, Ibarra, MHI, etc) and EPC contractor to ensure quality and execution objectives are met.
5. Provides field engineering support to construction and commissioning works to ensure field execution at site meets project plans.
6. Ensures plans and procedures are