Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
As a Lead Operator, you will be in charge of a specific lift on the mountain and accountable for training new hires on the basics of lift operations. Choose day or night shifts! Either way, you will get to embrace the Stevens Pass mountain culture of being able to ski or ride every day!
Stevens Pass premier geographic location at the crest of the Cascades grants us cooler and drier snow than other areas in the state with an average of 460” of snowfall each year! We have the best of everything here: Open from 9am until 10pm, with 6 lifts spinning at night, terrain parks, steep and jagged ridges, vast tree skiing and excellent backcountry access. Over 89% of the 1,125 acres is intermediate/advanced. Apply today! But first, watch some videos, look at our trail map, then read the requirements below.
Watch Stevens Pass 2019 Short, Patrol’s Helicopter Avy Mitigation, and Subscribe to Stevens YouTube Channel
Responsibilities Include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure department signs meet ANSI B77.1 Code requirements.
- Train operators how to perform maintenance checks, line inspections, and document dispatch clearance times with state inspected logs.
- Teach your team how to use a variety of tools to sweep seats, shovel snow, and grade surface areas around the loading zone. Maintain a safe work area, i.e. ramp heights, tools stored, mazes set up etc.
- Observe and audit the loading technique for children and adaptive skiers.
- Diagnosing lift faults and switching power to auxiliary unit if needed.
- Ensure timely rotation of breaks and lunches.
- Ensure that the operators at your lift are following all company and departmental procedures, i.e. punctuality, attendance, dress and grooming standards, etc.
- Abide by Vail Resorts best practices for safety and operational procedures, i.e. opening procedures, downloading procedures, last carrier protocol, etc.
- Adhere to ski/ride policies, i.e. Responsibility Code, designated trails, skiing/riding on and off the clock etc.
- Coach staff and contribute to the department review process with performance feedback.
- Make certain your team performs last chair procedure and shuts down the station/motor room accurately.
- Ability to meet qualifications and perform all responsibilities of a Lift Operator.
- 1-3 Seasons of lift operations experience preferred.
- Intermediate ski/snowboard skill level.
- Able to perform strenuous physical activities for extended periods of time in adverse weather conditions.
Do you love the mountains and wonder what it would be like to work at a mountain resort? Looking to try something new and learn how to ski, snowboard or downhill mountain bike? Are you looking to meet new friends from all over the country and world? If you answered yes to any of these questions, we invite you to come join our community at Stevens Pass today! Why not work where you play, and let Stevens Pass be your office. #removed#
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 177465