Hospice Intake Coordinator
Looking for a rewarding opportunity in Hospice care? Come and join a great team. Companion Hospice located Orange, CAis growing and needs to add to our hospice admissions team. Companion is a well-established, high quality healthcare organization servicing Southern California and Arizona. Our patients come first.
Assures that admission staff explains and counsels potential patients and family members by:
Consistently responding in a timely manner to all patients referred for an evaluation.
Fills the role of hospice and palliative care expert and community resource with regard to:
- Admission criteria.
- Reimbursement sources.
- Discharge planning and placement.
- Other associated topics associated with the care of the chronic and/or terminally ill.
Increases referrals by:
- Consistently identifies new referral sources with director.
- Tracking admission staff marketing activities.
- Participating in marketing meetings.
- Consistently maintains contact with admissions personnel and is aware of any issues impacting patient care or our services.
- Consistently provides excellent customer service by facilitating communication between referral sources, patients, facilities, physicians and the team.
- Participating in larger marketing projects.
Complies will all policies and procedures related to the Corporate Compliance Program.
- At least two years of medical experience within the last five years.
- Knowledge of hospice or palliative care requirements including Medicare, Medicaid, and private insurance guidelines.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to assess and respond to the needs of physicians, discharge planners, patients and family members.
- Ability to make meaningful observations and write comprehensive accurate reports.
We offer a wonderful working environment, competitive salary, medical, dental, vision and life insurance, vacation, sick, and 401K.
Companion, a leading Southern California based healthcare organization, provides Hospice, Home Health & Assisted Care Services.
With a focus on patient care, we are consistently ranked a premium provider by patients and their families. We are accredited by The Joint Commission, the national accrediting body. Our mission is simply to provide our patients with comfort, compassion, and extraordinary care.
Patients, families, and caregivers oftentimes view Companion as extended family because of the extraordinary love and care we provide. Whether you are in need of care giving services, skilled nursing or end-of-life support, Companion stands ready to meet your needs through the various services we provide. . .
- Companion Hospice
- Companion Home Health
- Companion Assisted Care
We are dedicated to our patients and their families.
We honor our healthcare partners, our staff and volunteers who work so hard to bring love and happiness to your patients.
At Companion, we're committed to bringing great care home.
Role: Intake Coordinator
Apply for this job now.