Spencer Clarke Group are working closely alongside Bolton Council to provide them with a HM Coroners Officer to join their team on an interim for 3 months which is likely to be extended on an ongoing basis.
Full Time Position - (37 Hours Per Week)
Location - Bolton, BL1 1QY.
Rate of Pay £10.39 - £12 per hour - Negotiable depending on experience.
*** Previous experience of working in a Coronial environment ***
About the Role;
To ensure the provision of an effective and efficient administration service to enable the Coroner to fulfil his/her statutory responsibility.
- Monitor reported deaths to ensure that they are dealt with efficiently, sympathetically and expeditiously.
- Deal with all tasks relating to inquests, including opening inquests and their continuing conduct.
- Be responsible for the efficient conduct of inquest files, including listings, hearings and liaising with witnesses and juries.
- Liaise appropriately and sensitively with bereaved relatives regarding the post mortem process and its outcome.
- Deal with families, undertakers or other personal representatives of the deceased either calling into the office or over the telephone
- Discuss, process and accept death reports, including the completion of all relevant documents.
- Provide advice on the legality of issuing of death certificatesto doctors.
- Receive and process post mortem results from Pathologists and present to the Coroner for certification of death or to open an inquest.
- Eligibility to work in the UK. (Passport, etc.)
- Reference contact details covering your last Three years of employment. (Names, Numbers and Email Addresses)
- Enhanced DBS.
Here at Spencer Clarke Group we provide workers with their own dedicated and experience consultant who provide extensive market knowledge!
- As a First Tier Supplier across many local authorities nationwide, you will have access to jobs earlier than other agencies.
- Market leading referrals of up to £500
- Free DBS checks
- Post Placement Aftercare
- Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency workers
If you are interested in this role and would like to apply, please send a copy of your most recent CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and contact Dane on 01772 954 200 as soon as possible.