Assistant Property Manager Objectives & Job Summary
The role of a Greystone Assistant Property Manager requires high energy, a burning desire to make a real difference in people's lives and a commitment to anticipate and exceed the expectations of our residents, customers and co-workers. Greystone Assistant Property Managers are intelligent, savvy, and seen as an example of proven leadership. This diverse role combines leasing, finance management, and maintenance management, sales, customer service, marketing and leadership. Assistant Property Managers possess residential property management knowledge, creative problem solving and exceptional customer service skills.
Essential Job Functions
The Assistant Property Manager's primary duty is to assist the Property Manager in the performance of non-manual work directly related to the management or general business operations of Greystone Properties and its prospects and residents (customers). This primary duty includes the exercise of discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance. This involves the comparison and evaluation of possible courses of conduct, and acting or making a decision after the various possibilities have been considered.
- Financial: Assist in managing delinquency (both current and former) in accordance with company standards.
- Accurately prepare and be thoroughly knowledgeable with all lease-related paperwork, from the application process through move out. This includes processing housing applications, preparing move in information, lease files, renewal letters and renewal leases, completing brochures, completing move out requests, and any other forms utilized as they relate to leasing and resident relations.
- Assist in acting as a Risk Manager to ensure the safety and well-being of our residents and property. This would include but not be limited to testing pool chemicals and pool safety equipment, routine property inspections to look for safety hazards and potential criminal activity.
- General clerical assistance including but not limited to answering phones, taking messages, managing the facilities/work orders in the property management software, filing, and ordering office supplies.
- Code and enter property invoices when required to assist the Property Manager.
- Sell property's products and services to prospects
- Maintain thorough product knowledge of the property, sister properties and competitors
- Develop and maintain effective marketing strategies to increase property traffic and internet leads
- Convert phone calls to tours, property tours to leases and internet leads to tours and/or leases.
- Ensure guest cards are complete, entered into the property management software, and follow up is completed for prospects.
- Ensure leasing office, tour path, vacant apartments, amenities and general curb appeal of community is pleasing to all 5 senses and is impeccably clean, if necessary spot cleaning to maintain the high standard of which Greystone is synonymous with
- Resident Relations
- Develop and maintain first class customer service relationships with prospects and residents through effective verbal and written communication
- Assist property Manager in monitoring outstanding work orders and constantly communicates with maintenance staff to insure 24 hour service guarantee.
- Plan, organize and conduct resident functions as needed and as directed.
- Play an active role in the management of all property functions.
- Actively participate in the development of other team members.
- Physical essential job functions
- Clarity of vision, with or without corrective lenses, required for 100% of the job functions.
- Hearing- Perceive the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication.
- Speech- Express and exchange ideas orally in an accurate and efficient manner
- Sit for several hours
- Stand for several hours
- Walk for several hours at a time
- Climb up and down stairs with ease several times each day
- Lift no more than 5 pounds with ease
- Repetitively throughout the day use the fingers, hand, wrist and arm regularly used for writing and/or typing without delay
- Repetitively use the foot, ankle, knee and leg regularly used for driving
The amount of time the employee spends doing the physical activities listed above varies each day and is determined by the frequency of visitors, the availability and location of apartments, the time of day, week, month and year, and several other factors. Each physical requirement listed is an essential function of the job of a Property Manager. Inability to do any of these tasks is severely detrimental to the company's operations.
Attendance essential job functions
Though routine, scheduled work hours will be provided, this position requires the ability to work any of the seven days of the week, 52 weeks of the year. Due to the Community staffing limitations, it is essential that individuals be able to work their scheduled hours on a consistent basis and, if necessary, work overtime hours when requested in order to complete job functions and serve the needs of the residents. Position requires the ability to serve on-call, as scheduled or as necessary.
Quality: The Assistant Property Manager must demonstrate a commitment to anticipate and exceed the expectations of our residents, customers, co-workers and leadership. The Property Manager will be proactive in seeking ways to fulfill this quality expectation.
All on site staff members in absence of Property Manager
Required Education, Experience, Licenses or Equipment
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Valid driver's license required
- Reliable daily transportation required. Must remain at the same location as employee all day every day and is not in use by another individual throughout the day
- Valid vehicle insurance required
- Minimum two years of experience in multi- family property management is required
- Read and write the English language in a legible manner
- Thorough knowledge of Social Media
- Extensive knowledge of multi-family housing industry and the functions of apartment management
- Extensive knowledge of Fair Housing law
- Extensive knowledge of Apartment law
- Knowledge of Greystone closeout procedures
- Knowledge of Greystone property inspection procedures
- Extensive knowledge of Greystone policies and procedures
- Basic Computer, Microsoft Word, Internet, and Email skills
- Verbal, math and reasoning skills
- Strong professionalism, communication and "people skills"
- Greystone property management software skills and aptitude
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Strong time management skills, with effective prioritization skills
- Good understanding of basic accounting practices
- Superior sales skills: leasing & closing. Includes leasing by telephone, via internet, and in person.
- Marketing skills: property marketing, market comparison
- Resident relation and retention skills: can perform the functions of renewal, move in, move out, and resident relation processes (such as concierge services).
- Financial/administrative skills: can perform administrative functions in Onesite including but not limited to the posting of money, move ins, move outs, renewals, applications, work order posting, guest card & follow up posting.
- Ability to perform conflict resolution: can bring resolution to the majority of issues which arise throughout a typical day in property management, regardless the complexity of the problem.
- Ability to manage all functions of the property in the absence of the Property Manager in an efficient, effective, accurate manner
- Excellent ability to manage and motivate others
- Possess and apply common sense understanding and good judgment
- Work with others in a cooperative and respectful manner, even in the face of adversity
- Handle stressful, urgent, diverse situations in a calm and reasonable manner
- Possess and apply emotional stability, and personal maturity
- Well organized with ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Must possess and apply attention to detail
- Team oriented with ability to work independently on occasion
Typical working conditions range from an indoor office sedentary setting to an outdoor active environment. Position may require routine travel locally during the work day.
All employees are expected to do whatever is necessary to make Greystone Properties successful. This could include leasing at "sister properties", helping to set up corporate apartments, spot cleaning apartments to refresh, bookkeeping duties, or more. Promotion within the company is not solely based on knowledge, skills and abilities, but is also largely based on the performance and dedication of an employee, the length of employment and experience with a particular job.
This job description is not all-inclusive. Any addition or deletion of duties may be changed at any time by Greystone Properties' administration. Receipt or possession of this job description does not constitute a contract of employment.Job Posted by ApplicantPro