Criswell Automotive currently has opportunities available for dynamic new team members in our Accounting Departments located in Gaithersburg, MD. And Germantown, MD.
We are seeking talented individuals with automotive experience in Payroll, Warranty, Accounts Payables, Accounts Receivables, Deal Posting, Compliance, Sales Commissions, Floorplan, Bank Recs, Title and registration, wholesales, dealer trades and much more!
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of two years Automotive Accounting background and be comfortable in a fast paced environment. This position requires excellent computer and data entry skills with a strong attention to detail. The ability to multi task coupled with organizational skills are essential to success.
We are looking for motivated professionals who are self starters, looking to grow their careers and have the passion and drive to achieve excellence daily as well as the ability to adapt to changes as our business changes.
A SIGN ON BONUS is being offered to the hired candidate after 90 days of continuous employment. Details will be given at time of hire. If you are committed, passionate and dedicated we would love to hear from you!
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimum 2 years accounting office experience in a fast paced environment. Automotive experience preferred but not required. Excellent computer skills, (Experience with Reynolds & Reynolds or CDK is a plus). High School Diploma or equivalent. Must be able to pass background.
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
***Equal Opportunity Employer***Job Requirements:
- Perform other general accounting duties
- Reconciling accounts receivable and assigned general ledger accounts
- Perform other accounting-related duties
- Reconcile general ledger accounts
- Perform account reconciliations and analysis by reviewing assigned general ledger accounts and make recommendations for adjustments or improvements
- Reconcile all accounts payable payment vouchers to accounts payable edit list from financial accounting system
- Maintain the general ledger accounts
- Perform other general accounting and administrative duties
- Analyze accounts
- Prepare reports and analysis from the accounting system to handle departmental and/or vendor inquiries
- Administer the accounts payables and/or accounts receivable process
- Review accounting data and documents for accuracy
- Maintain files and other record keeping related documents
- Performing routine clerical accounting work and assisting in the preparation of accounting reports
- Specialize in some phase of accounting work
- Classifying accounting transactions, maintaining and reconciling accounts, performing account close out procedures, preparing reports and statements, analyzing accounting data, and examining accounts
- Classify accounting transactions, maintain and reconcile accounts, perform account close out procedures, prepare reports and statements, analyze accounting data, and examine accounts
- Ensure accounts or cost centers
- Used in accounting and bookkeeping