Company: HAMILTON WOODS ASSOCIATES
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Principal Accountant (Local Government)
£41,313 - £44,298 (includes market supplement)
Hamilton Woods Public Sector Search are looking to appoint a financial services expert as Principal Accountant to spearhead the delivery of service transformation, drive efficiency and productivity improvements, optimisation of income opportunities and contribute towards the achievement of financial self-sufficiency.
My client is proud to be one of the fastest growing towns in the country, with some exciting commercial developments. This has all been made possible thanks to their strong financial position. Now, they want to keep improving their services and achieve financial self-sufficiency. That is where you come in…
- Be the financial expert of the Council for Housing Services, for both the Housing Revenue Account (HRA) and General Fund Housing Services.
- Provide a proactive internal financial advisory service to the Council across a range of major corporate initiatives, projects and schemes.
- The Treasury Management activities and Council Strategy
- The Council's payments to suppliers
- All VAT implications in respect of payments made and income received.
- The development of financial reporting and monitoring tools for Budget Managers to support the Council's objective to provide a more self-service approach to forecasting and budget planning.
- CCAB, fully qualified (CIPFA an advantage)
- Minimum 3 years post qualification experience in a professional finance environment preferably within the public sector
- Direct exposure to Housing Revenue Account (HRA) and a proven track record
- Experience of developing and maintaining good working relationships with colleagues and external contacts to achieve service outcomes
If you would like to apply for this Principal Accountant role, please get in contact with your CV and current package details