Ensures retailers, distributors, and employees are knowledgeable about Swann products and can articulate Swann's value proposition with passion. Manages and delivers product training programs to increase positive brand recognition and market adoption. Identifies and fills product training needs for new and existing products and retail programs. Conducts in-person and virtual product training and demos at customer sites, tradeshows, and internal meetings. Maintains and provides management with training related analytics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities - include but are not limited to:
- Implements and manages product training projects and activities necessary to improve product sell-in and increase product sell-through.
- Identifies product training needs for new and existing products and retail programs.
- Implements training methodologies and technologies to help scale the function and extend reach of programs.
- Develops a deep understanding of the product categories Swann participates in and clearly communicates why customers buy our products. Collaborates with Swann's sales and product management teams, distributors, and retail partners to address product training requirements, programs, and solutions.
- Develops training programs for new and existing products, including written collateral, presentations, webinars, etc., for a variety of audiences, such as retail buyers and employees, distributors, and Swann employees.
- Presents training programs at a variety of venues, such as trade shows, customer sites and events, and internal product meetings. Gathers feedback from training and demos on ways products can be improved.
- Provides a day-to-day link between the USA Sales & Sales Administration teams, Product Management team, and Australia Marketing team.
- Participates in marketing-related projects, such as POS display production, trade show arrangements, product introductions, etc. Produces expected results within established parameters and budget.
- Monitors, analyzes, evaluates, and communicates smart home / home security market trends, competitor products and activity, and product positioning to influence product and marketing activities.
- Measures training effectiveness by preparing applicable analytics.
- Performs any other job-related duty or task as requested by management.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job.
- Associate (AA) degree with studies in Marketing, Business Administration, Communications or similar and previous related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience is necessary. Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Communications or similar is preferred.
- Previous product training/education (hardware, software, or solution) experience is necessary.
- Previous training/marketing experience in security, consumer electronics, digital imaging, connected home, IT peripherals, or consumer goods industries is strongly preferred.
- Previous Product Management or Product Marketing experience with a technology company a plus.
- Working knowledge of training techniques, digital content development and delivery, or video production, is a plus.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have a strong working knowledge of the following programs/systems.
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, Project) - well-developed skills
- Ability to understand technology driving connected/smart homes including dedicated mobile applications and voice controllers like Alexa and Google Home.
Swann Communications is a global leader in security monitoring, consumer electronics, and security-centric solutions of the smart homes and businesses of today and tomorrow.
Swann has always been a leader. From our beginnings in Melbourne, Australia in 1987, the business now has offices in the USA, Canada, Australia, UK, Hong Kong and China and a presence in over 40 countries on 6 continents. Swann pioneered the category of Do-it-Yourself security and is proud of the work it has done to make local communities safer. Today Swann is part of the Infinova Group, providing the business with enhanced manufacturing capabilities, cutting-edge research and development of security and networking solutions, and access to an expanded international network.
Swann remains at the forefront of innovative surveillance and monitoring technology with recent new product development, including truly wire-free HD cameras and doorbells and state-of-the-art professional quality CCTV video surveillance systems.
For more information about Swann, please visit our website at #removed#
Role: Training Manager
Location: Santa Fe Springs,
Apply for this job now.