To oversee financial activities at the branch and to provide analytical support to the Branch Manager. Directs and manages the branch administrative support team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prepares, reviews and analyzes branch financial data including Operating Income Statements (OIS), Accounts Receivable, Days Still Outstanding (DSO), and Equipment Utilization reports
- Performs financial analysis of the branch’s projects and proposes the necessary corrective and/or proactive actions
- Manages credit and collection activities including monitoring credit limits, coordinating collection activities, initiating write-off requests, managing liens, litigation and holdbacks
- Assists Branch Manager in developing and monitoring the annual budget by preparing cost estimates, proposing modifications and corrections, recommending cost containment measures and responding to Corporate queries on variances
- Maintains accounting information on customer and vendor masters including leases, licenses, customer tax maintenance, verification, exemptions
- Reviews and analyzes financial activities of job sites to ensure completeness and accuracy of information. This includes unbilled job sites, over returns, shortages, write-offs and close-out billing files.
- Manages administration and checks accuracy of inventory control
- Manages accruals and deferrals on a monthly basis
- Provides direction and leadership to administrative staff. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience
Post secondary education preferably in Finance or Business Administration with a minimum of five years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Good understanding of Provincial Liens Act, small claims court process
Location: Saint Charles,
Apply for this job now.