This position requires an LVN or LPT license - Candidates without this license will not be considered for the position.
Balance Treatment Center, Mental Health Rehabilitation Center, located in Calabasas, CA is in the process of hiring Licensed Vocational Nurses or Licensed Psychiatric Technicians that are available to work full time and are willing to work , and are available on weekends, and NOC shift.
Statements of Purpose:
At Balance Treatment Center, our mission is to improve the lives of individuals, their families and those in their communities by addressing the issues that are preventing growth. The LVN or LPT is responsible for the nursing assessment, medication monitoring and supervision of the technician staff for the facility. Reports to the Director of Nursing.
· Maintain the well-being of clients and the integrity of the program.
· Collect and report performance improvement data as directed by the DON.
· Monitor medication process.
· Accept and transcribe phone orders from physicians.
· Assign and supervise the technician staff.
· Conduct admission and ongoing assessment of client condition.
· Take vital signs.
· Maintain nursing supplies and over-the-counter medication supplies.
· Conduct complete nursing documentation audits.
· Conduct and complete documentation of shift report.
· Complete medication counts as required.
· Complete patient rounds.
· Attend facility outings with clients.
· Maintain all documentation in appropriate and timely manner as required.
· Attend and complete all in-service training and educational workshops.
· Attend all required staff meetings and trainings.
· Maintain knowledge of and act in accordance with Balance Treatment Center mission and philosophy.
· Maintain knowledge of and act in accordance with current legal standards pertaining to professional practice, reporting requirements, professional boundaries, and related issues.
· Demonstrate respect for cultural and lifestyle diversities of clients and staff.
Following are the qualifications required to perform the essential functions of this position. Qualifications may be subject to modification based on the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Current California LVN or LPT license. One year experience required. Experience in the mental health field, substance abuse field, or a residential healthcare facility preferred.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively.
- Must have valid California driver’s license and liability insurance if driving personal and/or company vehicle on Balance Treatment Center business.
- Vision, hearing, manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination must be adequate for performance of job duties. Able to sit at desk, use keyboard, write and physically perform other job duties. Able to move about the facility to observe clients and staff.
- Must be customer-service driven.
Specific qualifications may vary based on assignment. The supervisor will initial those items on the following list, which apply and write N/A to indicate those qualifications which are not applicable:
- Personal vehicle with liability insurance for reimbursable mileage, generally short distances.
- Class “C” Driver’s License.
- First Aid certification, obtain within 90 days of employment and maintain current thereafter.
- CPR certification, obtain within 90 days of employment and maintain current thereafter.
- Medication training required within 30 days of employment.
- Bilingual (specify:___________________)
- Develop computer skills adequate to perform word processing duties within 90 days of employment.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements which may be inherent in the position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing a fair and inclusive work place.
Balance Treatment Center offers a benefits package including Medical, Life, Dental, Vision and a 401K for any employees working 30 hours or more per week.
Balance Treatment Center is a private licensed Mental Health Rehabilitation Center hidden away in the Santa Monica Mountains, miles from Los Angeles and minutes from Malibu. We are among the only private six bed mental health facilities in the state of California. In such a quaint and serene setting, unlike many larger institutions, our staff is able to provide the best in personalized and attentive care. Our facility offers an extremely intimate treatment environment that allows our clients to heal and gain stability in their lives. At Balance, clients will reside in a beautiful and secluded private home where they will receive our one-to-one focused care which sets us apart from other treatment centers. We have created a space of utmost peace and comfort to match our quality of care.
Role: Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) Licensed Psychiatric Technician (LPT)
Apply for this job now.