Seven Criminal Justice is looking for a Locum Social Worker in the Swindon area to work in the Youth Offending Team.
The ideal Social Worker will have previous knowledge and experience in a Youth Offending team. The key to success in this role is to be able to work on cases confidently from the beginning of the contract with little supervision. The postholder will be working as front-line support, managing an active caseload. Our client provides a range of services to help and support young people, and their families, to try to keep them away from crime and anti-social behaviour.
- Develop links within the community to enhance the preventative Strategy within the YOT incorporating a multi-agency approach, whilst maintaining confidentiality.
- To conduct supervision or facilitate appropriate supervision of young offenders under reparation programme.
- Collate and maintain accurate and relevant information for evaluation and monitoring of the programmes.
- Work flexible and some unsociable hours according to the team's requirements in order to provide the most effective staff cover.
- Any other duties required by your Line Manager that are commensurate with the post.
- To develop and maintain effective reparation projects for young people and ensure that the projects are devised in accordance with the Youth Justice Board plan and any other relevant strategies.
- To case manage young people made to subject to an order through the criminal courts and keep accurate, up to date and tidy case files.
- To write pre-sentence, short format, referral order reports in accordance with set quality and national standards. The completion of a home visit is considered vital when completing reports. This should take place on all occasions unless there is an identified risk to staff safety.
- Experience: Post Graduate experience.
- Qualifications: Social worker with Valid HCPC Registered
- Compliance: Up to date DBS is required.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: Full time position, 3 Months until March 21
Working with Seven Criminal Justice:
Established in 2011, Seven Criminal Justice is a leading provider of staff to Local Authorities, Prisons, Probation Services, Charities and Private Organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified, and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of criminal justice; including Youth Justice, Probation, Recovery, Rehabilitation, Psychology, Nursing and everything in between.
After winning multiple awards in 2019, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you are not the perfect match for this role, but you know a candidate who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Criminal Justice. As a little 'thank you' from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a